Executive Alliance is pleased to represent a leading global manufacturer and distributor of beauty products and treatment solutions. They have a 30-year standing of developing popular, high quality products in the beauty market that are sold and distributed by major partners in over 100+ countries worldwide.
They are seeking a Sales Operations Manager who will support retailers and distributors globally in delivering excellent customer service by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of customer orders. The role has the responsibility of managing the order lifecycle from order entry into SAP, to order management, overseeing the fulfillment process, the EDI operations for our global purchase orders to maintain the momentum of delivery.
You will work on important and complex administrative tasks with a high level of interaction with customers, sales team, and liaising effectively with contacts across the total supply chain to identify and meet business requirements with a high level of professionalism.
NOTE: This is a hybrid opportunity (3 days on-site, 2 days remote) located in Port Washington, Long Island, N.Y. at the company’s new global headquarters which is a magnificent, ultra-modern, 272,000-square foot business complex that includes an on-site state of the art Research and Development Center, Fitness Center and all-day cafeteria serving free breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Candidates accessible to the Port Washington, NY area will only be considered. Relocation packages can be made available.
NO C2C's, please.
Job Description Summary:
- Manage the complete sales order lifecycle
- Manage EDI process from initial transmission through to shipping activity, input manual orders, availability check, credit check, and coordinating until invoicing
- Manage the release of orders to the warehouse to ensure on time delivery
- Supporting and coordinating preparation of all necessary documentation for export
- Resolve incoming Inquiries and record customer complaints with action taken
- Liaise with warehouse regarding orders, deliveries, and stock checks
- Provide the highest level of support directly to the customers via frequent delivery communication as needed
- Manage cases to ensure customer issues are being addressed. Key activities include contacting customer to determine if prior issues/concerns have been addressed. If concern still exists, then assisting customer until concern is resolved
- Ensure efficient and correct flow of information between supply chain, Sales, and the customer
- Liaise with Planning regarding stock levels and availability
- Liaise with transport carrier on issues relating to deliveries, returns/rejections. Issue return authorization when necessary
- Track and trace deliveries with transport carrier and provide POD’s when requested
- Maintain customer records
- Monitor and challenge (where appropriate) credit decisions impacting orders and deliveries
- Maintain customer service procedures pertinent to the daily activities within the department
- Provide information and analysis to support commercial activities (sales order status updates, shipment forecast)
- Participate in customer meetings & communication to customers where appropriate
- Provide post shipment support and be responsible for shortages, overages, and other claims investigations
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- SAP SD Module experience a plus but not required
- Must have 5+ years of Order & Credit Management Process
- Must have 5+ years of EDI knowledge & experience (raw data analysis and ASN requirements)
- Must have 3+ years of managing a team
- Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintains a high level of productivity and self-direction with a strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Has a keen sense of self-awareness
- Has a passion for learning new skills every day
- Excellent written, oral and listening skills. Clear, concise communication style.
- Have the ability to use critical thinking skills and analyze existing information to generate ideas for improvement, takes advantage of opportunities, suggests innovation
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills, problem solver with a solutions oriented mindset; combine conceptual thinking with a practical mindset
- Time management skills to prioritize workload and multiple deadlines
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism while dealing with internal colleagues as well as external customers
- Must work well in a team environment and have a demonstrated ability to operate at all levels within an organization
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with tight deadlines yet remain approachable
- Ability to be flexible within the role
- Should possess good business acumen