At Modernizing Medicine, we look for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- South Florida Business Journal, Business of the Year 2022
- BIG Awards for Business, Company of the Year 2021
- Best in Biz Award (Silver), Fastest-Growing Company of the Year 2021
- South Florida Business Journal, Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces of 2020
is hiring a Head of Deal Desk
to grow and lead commercial policy and the deal desk at ModMed. The Head of Deal Desk is a key enabler of deal formation and sales execution, with a focus on minimizing sales cycle time while optimizing revenue and profitability. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, have experience maturing and scaling a deal desk team, and be the owner of ModMed’s commercial policy.
Who We Are
We Are ModMed (WAMM)! We’re a team of bright, passionate and positive problem-solvers on a mission to place doctors and patients at the center of care through an intelligent, specialty-specific cloud platform. Our vision is a world where the software we build increases medical practice success and improves patient outcomes. Founded in 2010 by Daniel Cane and Dr. Michael Sherling, we have grown to over 1700 team members serving eleven specialties and we are just getting started! ModMed is based in Boca Raton, FL with office locations in Santiago, Chile; Berlin, Germany, and a robust remote workforce with team members located across the US.
By staying true to our values (creating customer delight, saving time, innovating boldly then making things happen, aligning our passion with purpose, thinking big, having fun, and doing good), this team has created a culture of excellence and is routinely named one of the best places to work by local, state, and national publications.
- Lead a team responsible for the strategy and execution of all aspects of sales opportunity management
- Create operating leverage through process improvement, automation, and development of the deal desk team
- Develop and lead the standardization and strategic evolution of our commercial terms and practices
- Partner with Sales, Finance, Customer Success, and Legal to enhance current business rules and workflows to optimize deal flow and minimize sales cycle time
- Drive pricing initiatives and execution such as renewal pricing, annual increases, list price maintenance, and platform migration pricing
- Own the quote to revenue booking process ensuring opportunities are accurately created and reflected in Salesforce
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the approval hierarchies for discounts, pricing promotions, and new programs
- Act as an escalation point to facilitate approvals for non-standard deals performing profitability analysis to inform decision-making among the appropriate functions
- Conduct analysis and monitor KPIs evaluating discounts, deal metrics, and pricing practices
- Maintain an agreed-upon Service Level Agreement (SLA) on deal turnaround times
- Participate in deal reviews with Sales/Sales Leadership to help drive strategy on pricing/deal structuring
- Support in developing training materials, sales examples, and conduct regular training sessions (including policy changes) – to scale best practices on deal structuring and reduce contract variations between similar deals
- Streamline and support the process for non-standard deal approvals
- Measure deal desk efficacy and efficiency (based on external benchmarks and best practices) and drive continuous improvement initiatives to deliver a smoother, easier, and frictionless experience.
- Manage a team to support all commercial policy and deal desk functions
- Managing, mentoring, and fostering a synergy within the team and thinking of creative ways to challenge and develop personnel on the team.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business-related field required
- Master's degree in a business-related field preferred
- Minimum of 12 years of experience with 5 years in deal desk, order management, sales operations, contract management, or related sales support
- Experience in Salesforce and CPQ is highly desired. Similar systems experience beneficial
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment - the ideal candidate will be responsive, high-energy, can-do person to help ensure our sales teams can close business
- Strong financial acumen and proven track record engaging with executive and senior leadership across many functions
- SaaS industry experience desired
- Hybrid office environment - local talent preferred. Will consider relocation assistance for top candidates.
- Ability to influence outcomes and others with and without authority
- Highly organized and self-starter
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement programs and unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!