Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to customers throughout North America, particularly those operating in the craft beverage space.
What is the job?
American Canning is in a high growth period. The Senior Sales Operations Analyst will be responsible for helping build out our sales processes by identifying areas for improvement and implementing best practices, ensuring that our sales team is equipped to quote and convert orders efficiently. The Senior Sales Operations Analyst will work closely with the sales leadership, sales personnel, the marketing team, and other key stakeholders to ensure that our sales operations are optimized for success.
A successful candidate will…
- Think like a solutions architect: You’re technical in nature, yet creative-solutions oriented. You intently listen to the needs of the team and envision solutions that you then design, implement and manage.
- Be a collaborative, team player: While you’re a capable self-manager who often is busy building tools that equip our team, you thrive in group settings and enjoy ideating with the team. You inspire trust, value multiple perspectives, respect confidentiality and are the ultimate teammate.
- Adaptable: You’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and are able to change direction rapidly when priorities, deadlines, or personalities shift. You also realize that sales tools are rarely ever ‘done’ - you value incremental improvement and revisiting process to create additional efficiency within the team.
- Equally skilled in Adobe and Excel: You’re both a creative and numbers focused individual. You can easily create forms and documents in Adobe as well as reports and matrixes in Excel. You’re not intimidated by numbers, nor layouts and are comfortable using multiples software/programs to complete your job.
- An effective communicator: Whether it’s verbal or written, you present information and ideas in a clear and professional manner. You understand your audience and can easily shift your communication style so it is understandable to all.
What will you do?
- Design, build, and implement key sales technology and sales process improvements.
- Assist in the development of sales forecasts and forecast strategy plans.
- Generate, maintain and analyze sales reports and trends.
- Assist in the development of competitive pricing structures and build out pricing matrices.
- Assist in preparing materials for sales reps to efficiently engage with buyers.
- Enhance and maintain customer relationship management (CRM) software for sales proficiency.
- Plan, strategize and build go to market plans.
- Analyze and evaluate performance sales metrics, according to sales strategy.
- Ensure sales operations processes are documented, communicated, and understood across the organization.
What do we expect?
- Deep understanding of sales processes, particularly within a B2B setting.
- Comfortability building and driving initiatives to optimize sales systems.
- Ability to collaborate, yet work primarily independently through project builds.
- Excellent listening, with the ability to ask the right clarifying questions.
- An open hands approach; willing to receive feedback and adapt processes.
- Proven ability to think strategically and execute swiftly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to present ideas in a concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
What is required?
- 5+ years experience in a sales operations or similar role
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales, marketing, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to create clear and concise forms, templates, and presentations.
- Familiarity with CRM, CMS and ERP software (specifically Salesforce and NetSuite)
- Familiarity with contract lifecycle management.
- Familiarity with email automation and customer journeys.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting.
- Willingness to build Sales Operations at American Canning from the ground up.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + 4% Matching)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 2 Flex Floating Holidays a Year
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days a Year
- Family Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
- Long-Term Disability
- Fun Company Events, Department Outings, and Cookouts
$60,000 - $65,000
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year