Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" ecosystem with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering hundreds of direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework empowers its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced massive year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. We are a global and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of authenticity and connection-first transforming ecommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.Summary
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded Sr. Deal Desk Manager to join our team supporting and influencing our growth efforts in close partnerships with our global go-to-market teams. You will operate as the critical glue reviewing, drafting, approving, and negotiating a growing pipeline of commercial opportunities. You’ll build close rapport across Sales, Finance, Product Management, Customer Success, and Legal Operations as we continue to accelerate customer deal velocity.What You’ll Be Doing
We’ll be excited if you have
- Work in close collaboration with leaders and the sales organization as a trusted partner to review, qualify, negotiate, construct, and close a variety of complex SaaS and other commercial deals; advise pre-sales on deal structures and sales order processing
- Influence non-standard pricing and non-standard contract term requests; help ensure all required approvals are completed to meet internal revenue recognition and business operations processes
- Operate as a sales advocate to support internal organizations and new sales hires to understand the business’ contract requirements, business terms, operational procedures, and risks
- Continuously build, improve, and manage the deal flow process across various systems and groups such as Sales, Legal, Finance, Customer Success to coordinate the successful close of deals according to SLAs and business policies
- Drive world-class deal desk practices and provide cross-training to leaders, new sales members, and other functions to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness globally
The role is preferably hybrid in our one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years extensive SaaS deal desk experience in a fast-paced start-up organization that has a mixture of both complex enterprise deals and high-volume mid-market deals around the globe; must have a proven track record evaluating, reviewing, constructing, and negotiating deal terms with key stakeholders
- Direct experience constructing reseller, channel, partnerships is a plus
- 8+ years admin or super user experience with various contract management softwares
- Excellent communication skills with strong emotional intelligence; can effectively communicate (read, write, present) and influence various stakeholders and levels of the organization
- Thoughtful, detail-oriented, and creative ability to devise win-win creative solutions balancing risks and rewards
- Enjoy working with and a strong advocate for global sales teams; your past sales team thoroughly enjoy working with and depend on you!
- Must be flexible to support teams in different time zones as needed (Americas, APAC, EMEA)
- Ability to speak or read Japanese, Cantonese or Mandarin is a plus
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that while Firework and its subsidiaries appreciate agency outreach, we currently do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Firework and its subsidiaries reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.