At Dashlane we believe in leading with employee choice and respect peoples' different needs and preferences. Our interview process follows this same principle. Currently, most people are choosing to interview remotely via Zoom. If you have different preferences, we welcome you to discuss them with us and we will do our best to accommodate.
Dashlane's mission is to make security simple for millions of organizations and their people. We empower businesses of every size to protect company and employee data while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere. Over 17 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
We continue to be an employee-choice hybrid workplace, with some people working remotely, some in our offices in Paris, New York, and Lisbon, and some doing a mix that suits them and their roles.
Our global team is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience of our users. Learn more about how we work, how we hire, and the benefits of being a Dashlaner in our Life at Dashlane page.
Dashlane is currently looking for an experienced Deal Desk Lead to join the finance and accounting team reporting into the Global Controller. The Deal Desk Lead will be a highly visible role within Dashlane and be a key contributor to our B2B growth, laying the foundation for years to come.
About the role:
As Dashlane's Deal Desk Lead you will be part of a dynamic global team and work very close with key stakeholders across Finance, Accounting, Legal, Analytics and Revenue Operations. You'll have the opportunity to build our Deal Desk functions and systems from the ground up while owning ASC 606 compliance. You will focus on identifying and helping to implement process improvements to streamline and scale our current business and accounting operations. You will drive strategic initiatives related to the establishment and documenting of deal handling and revenue recognition processes, as well as the integration and reconciliation of three vital systems (Salesforce, NetSuite and our own Back Office). You will collaborate directly with other internal and external stakeholders to advance organization goals while helping to maintain appropriate internal controls and ensuring the integrity and completeness of the accounting and revenue data.
This position is based in our NYC office, or remotely within easy commute to our office.
At Dashlane you will:
- Own the implementation of Dashlane's Deal Desk systems and processes.
- Drive the integration of Salesforce, NetSuite and our Back Office (in line with Deal Desk requirements), while establishing and documenting new internal controls.
- Establish Deal Desk review processes for sales and customer success (CS) team handled B2B transactions.
- Lead revenue recognition process and policy according to ASC 606, including audit-ready reporting and reconciliations.
- Reconcile B2C & Self Serve reports with payment channels.
- Ensure Sales Tax and VAT compliance across all applicable geos and channels.
- Manage and own B2B sales commission calculation, accounting and accruals.
- Collaborate with RevOps and FP&A on devising, reviewing and adjusting variable commission plans for Sales, CS and related staff.
- Support month-end closing process and other topline-related accounting matters.
- Collaborate with Analytics Team to make sure Tableau Metrics are accurate.
- Lead and drive automation of the monthly revenue file by integrating payment Channels with ERP system (NetSuite).
- Assist Accounting, FP&A team and CFO with any ad-hoc projects or analyses.
- Support annual audit and any other state or bank audits.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience particularly with SaaS business model, including 2+ years in ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- 2+ years broad experience with Salesforce and NetSuite
- 2+ years heavily involved with Deal Desk associated operations and responsibilities
We're Also Looking For:
- Ability to be autonomous and a self-starter
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently
- Detail, process and control oriented
- A team player individual, adaptable to change and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams
- Results driven with ability to organize, prioritize and plan workload to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in problem identification and problem-solving activities
- Ability to define requirements and implement projects related to new systems and applications as needed
- Excellent technical accounting experience
- Strong analytical and systems skills (including Excel)
- Interest in understanding IT systems and workflows
- French fluency will be a plus
Salary Range: $125,000 - $145,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of total compensation package that also includes benefits, and other opportunities at Dashlane. We also include equity in all compensation packages and believe 100% of Dashlaners should have an option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from what we hope will be a lot of upside growth.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Dashlaners. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Dashlane to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company—founded in France and distributed across France, US and Portugal—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs. See more about this here.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you've sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.