Counterpart is a management liability insurance platform for the 21st century workplace. We offer products and services to help companies align the risks and incentives of creating great organizations. Our platform is designed to measure risk more efficiently using the most advanced rating system in the industry, while also proactively mitigating the risks of our insureds. Ultimately, we provide businesses with frameworks to be the best versions of themselves. That's where you come in.
We are seeking an experienced and analytical Sales Operations Manager to join our growing team. As a Sales Operations Manager, you will be responsible for optimizing our revenue streams and maximizing profitability. You will collaborate with various departments, including Business Development, Marketing, and Insurance, to identify revenue opportunities, improve processes, and implement effective strategies to achieve revenue targets. As an early member of the team, you will help build systems, design processes, own metrics, and craft playbooks that make our growth and underwriting teams successful. You will drive step-function improvements in the way we measure and manage performance, innovate on incentives, and partner directly with leadership and stakeholders to meet topline objectives.
- Build a world class sales enablement infrastructure (e.g. Salesforce, Intercom, Admin, FAQs, Hubspot, etc.) that enables us to execute upon our company goals more efficiently and collaboratively.
- Oversee building, documenting, and optimizing of sales, engagement, and customer service processes to support our growth.
- Implement and iterate upon our sales tools, ensuring we have the right technology & systems in place to support our team's success.
- Define performance tracking by leveraging tools, building dashboards and reports to provide visibility to leadership and help drive go-to-market strategies.
- Identify opportunities and the means for Counterpart to differentiate itself from current competitor offerings in collaboration with our marketing team.
- Own the monthly, quarterly and annual sales planning process including productivity drivers.
- Provide reporting and insights into the drivers behind performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Build controls and monitoring to ensure that internal and external stakeholders are utilizing the system in an appropriate and consistent manner.
- Serve as an escalation point for the resolution of business process and/or system issues.
- 5+ years of experience in a Sales Operations, Growth, Revenue Operations role at a fast-growing, venture-backed company.
- Strong analytical skills, and eagerness to measure, report, and optimize quantifiable impact and experience analyzing sales data, customer behavior, and market trends to inform revenue growth strategies.
- Previously designed and implemented sales processes while leveraging data to drive influence and strategy, implementing reporting to support key business initiatives
- Experience with B2B SaaS and software startups; high growth early stage is preferred
- Strong familiarity with the sales tech stack (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot, Hotjar, Optimizely, Sumo, Zapier, Intercom, etc.)
- Deep sales strategy expertise, including goal setting, territory design, compensation plan structure, and general go-to-market strategy.
- Proficient in Google Suite and experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Looker)
- Strong analytical skills, and eagerness to measure, report, and optimize quantifiable impact.
- Bonus points for past experience or interest in fintech or familiarity with the insurance industry
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Tanner Hackett, CEO & Founder: Having founded two other major startups, including Button and Lazada, Tanner now spends his time focused on mental health through his philanthropy, Openminded.org, in addition to reading, surfing, yoga, and enjoying the outdoors.
- Emad ElShawa, VP of Growth: As the former Chief of Staff and early team member at Fundbox- Emad led all Business Operations functions and helped scale the company to over $160M in annual recurring revenue. A small business owner himself, Emad knows the inefficiencies that plague the small business economy first hand and has dedicated his career to building products and businesses to help address them.
- Mike Levins, Head of Insurance: Mike previously was the Head of Broker Relations and US MGA Operations at Hiscox. Mike oversaw the Midwest region with ~20 underwriters offering 13 different product lines, the primary lines being management liability, professional liability, and cyber/technology. His extensive insurance career has afforded Mike strong relationships across hundreds of retail and wholesale brokers. Mike received his BS from Marquette University and MBA from Benedictine University.
- Tobias Schuler, Head of Data: After becoming a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and working as a consultant actuary at EY for several years, Tobias went on to drive the actuarial data & systems teams at QBE. He further leveraged his deep insurance and technical expertise at Munich Re Digital Partners in North America, where he headed data and analytics and oversaw the data infrastructure behind some of their largest programs.
- Chris Shafer, Chief of Staff: Chris is a published scientific author, having studied the neural correlates of gratitude at the lauded Brain and Creativity Institute. He has since helped to launch numerous businesses in which he held a variety of critical roles from product management to business operations to strategic partnerships. Chris received his bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Southern California.
We are committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.