About rag & bone
From our origins in New York in 2002, rag & bone was founded on a belief of uncompromising ideals: a commitment to doing things the right way, not the easy way. To making things that are as original as they are timeless. To being true to ourselves, even when that truth sets us apart from the mainstream.
We still believe in the same principles we started with the easy elegance of classic British tailoring, the authenticity of American workwear, and the originality of our home city, New York. As New Yorkers, community and authenticity have become synonymous with our brand. An inclusive environment at rag & bone upholds our original values by encouraging employee connection and empowering each individual to have a voice on policy, process, and collaboration for a more equitable future.
About the Job:
Reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer, the VP of Sales will oversee rag & bone’s Off-Price business.
The VP of Sales, Off Price will be responsible for creating the strategic roadmap to continue to grow our off-price business. You will develop and drive the strategic direction & commercial performance with wholesale and distributor partners, ensuring sell-in and sell-out targets are achieved; optimizing brand positioning; exercising judgment in the day-to-day management of sales and operations.
You will have great leadership skills, balancing how to mentor, motivate and continue building our team, while driving and supporting the organization to achieve our sales goals. You are a proactive communicator with a keen sense of how to connect with people, build trust, and motivate others.
- Establish and develop strong partnerships to efficiently drive company old stock liquidation, striving to improve velocity and margins, in coordination with the Company planning team.
- Develop new business opportunities with tailored product assortments for Wholesale and Outlet businesses, in coordination with the Merchandising & Production teams.
- Utilize sell through information to identify opportunities/risks within the business.
· Create a roadmap to accelerate the growth of the business with our existing accounts while seeking new channels of distribution within the off-price model. Evaluate relationships with existing partners.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by collaborating with partners and understanding their business needs.
- Create a clear and consistent sales and profit strategy for the team to execute.
- Execute go-to-market strategies with teams cross-functionally.
- Mentor and lead a team while creating a culture of success, accountability, and goal achievement.
- Ownership of the annual budget & P&L
- Partner with Planning to oversee wholesale profit and loss by account and total wholesale to net budget plan.
- Partner with VP of Stores and Manager Outlet Stores & Operations to optimize outlet sell through and opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience with at least 5 years of senior leadership experience in a role with P&L responsibility for a wholesale business
- Proven experience in off-price market
- Ideally, will have worked in apparel and have a strong understanding for product and merchandising.
- An exceptional leader with outstanding team building, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Results-oriented with an affinity for numbers and metrics.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing multiple fast paced, complex projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively and comfortably, working across functions and geographies in a global organization.
The estimated salary for this role is $200,000 to 250,000 based on experience and qualifications.
Rules we live by | Rules you live by
- Be a Good Human - Be original, be authentic. Stand for diversity, equitability & inclusivity.
- Have No Fear - Innovate, solve problems.
- Own Every Decision - Work together, get results.
- Quality Matters – Not only with product but we see it in our people.
- Make Shit Happen - Be disciplined, be competitive
- Paid Time Off
- Clothing Allowance
- Generous Employee Discount
- Paid Parental Leave
- Membership to Calm and access to other wellness benefits.
- Medical, dental, vision and ancillary benefits
- Hybrid work schedule
rag & bone is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.