At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We're harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
- This role requires previous automotive experience in a SaaS automotive industry or experience in a technology SaaS company. Operations experience is also required, therefore any applicants lacking this experience will not be considered for this role.
The Senior Director, Sales Operations role primarily revolves around working with sales leadership and executive management to define sales support initiatives. Acts as a liaison between Sales, Marketing, and Product teams, ensuring smooth operational management of the sales process overall. Individual should have strong data analytics experience and strong operations experience. Expertise in Automotive Software is desired but will consider individuals who have experience in Operations within a SaaS platform product.Job Description
- Focus on Sales process and look to provide insight to remedy gaps.
- Must have skills in forecasting, market analysis, territory management, analytics.
- Identify and implement solutions to increase success within Sales.
- Evaluate analytics and presenting data to executive leaders with solutions.
- Lead, mentor, and coach members within Operations, managing training and ensuring teams are properly educated.
- Work cross functionally with stake holders to remediate issues.
- Demonstrated abilities in client success initiatives.
- Continually improve and streamline practices to ensure sales within organization.
- Drive process Improvement Initiatives through Internal stake holders.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in sales process (e.g. high demos, low conversion).
- Ability to translate product & marketing updates into Sales enablement tools for Salespeople.
- Conduct and report on market research (e.g. competitive analysis, OEM initiatives, where the market or target audience focus is)
- Rolling out new tools to Sales team (internal training)
- Gather feedback from sales team regularly to constantly improve support programs.
- Manage the sales enablement repository to make sure all information is easily and readily accessible as needed.
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, identify gaps and translate them into Tekion and process requirements.
- Content creation:
- Case studies
- White paper
- Competitive information
- Proposal templates/decks for dealer, groups, OEMs, strategic partners
- Pricing & discounts
- Review sales pitch/presentation
- Should be comfortable with analyzing numbers and pulling reports and standardizing them (e.g. Salesforce)
Perks And Benefits
- Sales and/or Marketing background is key + the ability to write content for learning and presentations purposes.
- Must have strong operations experience in sales in a SaaS environment or automotive software
- Experience with data analysis and process improvement.
- Auto experience is desired but will consider SaaS background as well.
- Proficient with key applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Prezi, Salesforce, etc.
- This job is not for creatures of habit…not a very structured role by nature.
- Need to have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong understanding of automotive industry is highly desired.
- Ability to provide framework for sales tools and process improvements.
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave, and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from Silicon Valley's most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth company with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- Dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
The salary range for this position is $175,440-$296,700. The salary range describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position across applicable US locations.This position is also eligible for a bonus whereby total compensation may exceed base salary depending on individual performance. The actual compensation offered may vary from the posted hiring range based on geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process. In addition to the compensation listed, this position is eligible for equity compensation.Current Tekion Employees – Please apply via Greenhouse Internal Job Board
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.