Join our team and contribute to the growth and success of our scale-up as the Director of Sales Operations. This role offers an exciting opportunity to shape and optimize our sales operations, drive revenue growth, and make a significant impact in the small business sector.
As the Director of Sales Operations, you will play a critical role in driving the success of our sales organization by developing and executing effective sales operations strategies and processes.
Develop and Implement Sales Operations Strategy:
- Collaborate with the executive team to define and execute the sales operations strategy aligned with overall business objectives.
- Identify key sales metrics, set targets, and develop strategies to drive revenue growth, enhance sales productivity, and optimize the sales process.
- Analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer feedback to provide insights and recommendations for sales strategy refinement.
Sales Process Optimization:
- Design and implement effective sales processes, workflows, and methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the entire sales cycle.
- Identify bottlenecks, streamline sales operations, and drive continuous process improvement.
- Implement and manage sales tools, technologies, and CRM systems to enhance sales productivity and data accuracy.
Sales Forecasting and Analytics:
- Develop and maintain accurate sales forecasting models and methodologies.
- Analyze sales data, key performance indicators (KPIs), and pipeline metrics to provide insights into sales performance, revenue projections, and identify areas for improvement.
- Create and deliver regular sales reports and dashboards to inform sales leadership and other stakeholders.
Sales Enablement and Training:
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop and deliver sales training programs, materials, and resources.
- Ensure sales representatives are equipped with the necessary knowledge, tools, and support to effectively engage with customers and close deals.
- Partner with marketing and product teams to develop sales collateral, presentations, and competitive intelligence materials.
Sales Compensation and Incentive Programs:
- Collaborate with finance and executive team to design and implement sales compensation plans and incentive programs that align with business objectives and motivate the sales team.
- Monitor and analyze sales performance against compensation plans, making recommendations for adjustments as necessary.
Sales Data Management and Integrity:
- Oversee the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of sales data and CRM system.
- Develop and implement data governance policies, processes, and controls to ensure data quality and consistency.
- Conduct regular audits and provide recommendations for data cleanup and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in sales operations or a similar role, preferably in a startup environment or the technology industry.
- Experience at Dunn & Bradstreet, Moody’s or Middesk a plus.
- Strong understanding of sales processes, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience in developing and implementing sales strategies and driving revenue growth.
- Proficiency in sales analytics and forecasting techniques, with the ability to derive insights from data and translate them into actionable strategies.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot) and sales enablement tools.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a sales operations team.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adaptability and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
Work Location: Our HQ is in Austin. We are open to the right candidate working remotely.
Powered by JazzHR