An unique opportunity for a Sales & Operations Coordinator has become available within the Edwin Doran Sports Tours Sales Team in Brighton. This is an exciting next step for someone with great career ambitions and a drive wanting to pursue a career in the travel/sports industry.
Having taken more teams on sports tours than any other provider (12,000 last time we checked), Edwin Doran Sports Tours are the leaders in tailormade school sports travel.
Using our specialist knowledge, gained over years in the industry, and global partnerships, Edwin Doran build bespoke tours with well-matched fixtures in some of the most exotic host countries in the world.
Across rugby, hockey, cricket, netball and more, our tours promote physical and mental development as a team and as individuals. And above all, teams return with life-long memories of the people they have met and learned from along the way.
The Sales & Operations Coordinator is responsible for working with the sales managers to service the many requests for quotes and packages from the playing tours market. You will be helping to promote the full product range to schools, sporting clubs and educational establishments and enable the sales team to provide top customer service to new and existing customers.
What you will be doing:
- Using the Schoolbook reservation system and Teacher’s Toolkit to prepare itineraries and quotes for customer requests in an accurate and timely fashion
- Responding to and logging all telephone calls, online enquiries and pro-active leads clearly and concisely using the CRM system
- Maintaining good relationships with suppliers around the world and negotiating the best value for our customers
- Representing the brands in resort as a tour leader if requested
- Generating customer invoices and dispatching to clients
- Ensuring efficient final delivery of services to clients
- Inspiring full confidence in the customer throughout the booking process
- Working as part of a team within the brands represented along with other brands within Experience Education
- Able to identify new product opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in a Customer Service, Operational, Administrative role or equivalent from the travel or sports industry
- A good understanding of school sports tours and an active curiosity about sports and travel
- Be pro-active, ready to take the initiative and think creatively to tackle challenges and confident to engage with a range of collaborators
- The highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build trust
- IT literate (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Attention to detail, orginised and structured is key
- A positive culture champion, who is energetic and supportive of continuous improvement
Join us and in return you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave that increases with length of service (including bank holidays & Educational travel)
- Hybrid working model
- Wider scope for learning, working with teams across the world
- Travel benefits and retail discounts
If you are looking for your next exciting adventure and have the experience we’re looking for, apply today!
Our Experience Education business incorporates our fantastic brands, SkiBound, Travelbound, Edwin Doran & Masterclass, World Challenge and JCA Adventure. The EE division is part of the Travelopia Group, a KKR owned company, and is a leading provider of educational travel – offering a wide range of experiences for students in the UK and Australia: from ski and adventure breaks to international travel supporting core curriculum subjects, sports tours and expeditions to places near and far.
We believe people are happier and perform best when they are able to be their true self, and that diverse teams deliver better results.
Together we will cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone can flourish. We are committed to driving change through increasing awareness of, and counteracting, unconscious bias; building an inclusive culture, and embracing diversity in all its dimensions.