Do well by doing good.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited solar energy website in the country: Last year, 10 million people used our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Headquartered in Boston, MA with teams in Serbia, we are currently 100+ employees and growing rapidly.
Our team is working in a hybrid setup from our Boston Financial District office: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/companyDirector of Inside Sales
Reporting to the VP Marketplace Growth, the Director of Inside Sales will be a strategic sales leader, directing a team of Energy Advisors (EAs) and customer support/operations experts to provide extraordinary guidance to consumers along their shopping journey. Energy Advisors are core to the EnergySage consumer experience: they are available to shoppers and provide unbiased advice to each consumer as they evaluate their home electrification journeys.What You’ll Do
What We Look For
- Develop and execute on strategies to integrate human and automated sales approaches into go-to-market plans across our renewable energy products
- Drive the performance of our Energy Advisors teams – addressing key metrics such as conversion, productivity, and customer satisfaction/NPS
- Manage to a high level of efficiency and productivity – monitoring staffing and session efficiency to maximize ROI for the EA function
- Oversee customer service and sales operations functions, such as the property approvals process, inbound customer requests, etc.
- Iterate on our sales playbooks and training approaches to accelerate the performance of our teams
- Collaborate effectively with other company leaders within Marketing, Partner Success, Product, etc. -- including on new innovations like AI/Chat
- Hire, train, and develop Senior EAs, EAs, and customer service specialists; be a thought leader on the EA organization and how it is structured
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about the unique qualities you might bring in your cover letter.
- Strategic and go-to-market ability – can consider paths to market and how our EAs can improve the customer experience
- Significant experience in inside sales and/or customer service leadership roles
- Ability to coach and develop sales professionals to improve their performance and customer-centric approach
- Business orientation and background in managing to both revenue and efficiency targets
- Data-oriented and metrics-focused mindset
- Process-driven; able to create new playbooks and iterate on them
- Executive presence and ability to impact
- Adaptability to current systems and ability to be a strong advocate for the needs of your team
- Proficiency using CRM and/or back-end systems (Hubspot preferred) and customer-facing software, including Live Chat
- Enthusiasm for renewable energy and the marketplace model
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.Our Values
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.