- Must reside in the Raleigh/Durham metro area or be willing to relocate**
We are seeking a motivated Sales Operations Analyst who is technically strong with excellent time management, communication, and collaboration skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to navigate and build relationships in a highly matrixed organization with a proven track record of understanding the factors that motivates professional Sales Teams.
- Assist in defining and constructing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) strategy, insights and required reporting/dashboards to monitor overall territory health, data integrity, and other key objectives and performance indicators
- Assist with design, development and maintenance of models and analytics used to drive business decisions and other stakeholders
- Responsible for the transition of Sales related reporting migrating from off-line to an on-line model utilizing current and recommended tooling. Think automation.
- Analyze, monitor and provide insights related to Sales performance to assist sales and leadership team in developing plans that will lead to achievement of goals
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc/SPIF reports using current business reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, SFDC, Excel)
- Responsible for accurate and timeliness of reports
- Lead cross-functional sessions with the Sales Operation organization to ensure consistent reporting standards and processes
- Establish baseline reporting for Sales Enablement to ensure trainings are producing positive/effective results
- Support the build and maintenance of annual quota workbooks
- Identify core process areas for improvement (i.e.: metrics, goals, data governance, compensation plans and resource plans to achieve objectives)
- Identify and develops tools to effectively communicate reporting priorities to the sales organization
- 2-4 Years of professional experience in an operations, finance, or other analyst role
- 2 + Years working multifaceted data sets
- Analytical Problem Solving: Willingness to deep dive into the details combined with ability to step back and synthesize data to make meaningful recommendations
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills: Ability to articulate your ideas in presentations and reports across the Avalara organization, from senior executives to your peers
- Must be detail oriented and be able to prioritize effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Advanced Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Nested If Statements)
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM software
- SQL and Business Intelligence tooling experience or a willingness to learn
- Ability to develop and articulate a Sales reporting strategy to further enhance Revenue Operations' impact to the business
- Proven experience interpreting data results in a way that is easily understood by less technical folks
- Able to manage multiple priorities and build excellent rapport with internal teams
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation. The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Brazil, Canada, India, U.K, Belgium and across Europe.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.