With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job location open to Dallas TX, Denver CO, Los Angeles CA or Seattle WA
Plans, implements and drives execution of Gallo annual plan for luxury brands. Owns and delivers luxury pricing plans, delivers revenue and sales contribution plan for Gallo luxury brands. Leads a team of direct reports and sets direction for Gallo’s luxury brands with our distributor partners to include any fine wine divisions. Develops a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills, inspiration, motivation and innovation. Responsible for establishing objectives and priorities for subordinates throughout a sales geographic area, overseeing legal compliance, and driving a luxury culture with the team.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing programs within Distributor Partners’ fine wine or other divisions, designed to maximize the sale of luxury wine brands.
- Participates in the programming of the Gallo division for distributors regarding “power brands” owned in the Gallo luxury business unit but sold by the distributors’ non fine wine divisions to include retail and on-premise divisions.
- Financially responsible for delivering the sales plan for all brands in Gallo’s luxury wine BU.
- Acts as a member of the Area leadership team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Distributor Management, and working across regions to support the full Distributor Management region.
- Develops and maintains an effective team of Luxury Business Development Managers and Portfolio Consultants within the organization, to include coaching and development of staff. Maintains staffing levels for current and anticipated needs.
- Oversees the direction for luxury wine brands and drives a luxury culture in the region.
- Accountable for innovation and entrepreneurial mindset –Driving change and future focused.
- Collaborates closely with distributor leadership (e.g., general sales managers, VP of sales, state presidents) to ensure execution of annual sales plans, assess market conditions, ensure appropriate resources are dedicated to our brands, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper tagging of the Retail Fine Wine Universe and Fine Dinning Universes in consultation with the luxury BU.
- Directs and trains regional sales staff to execute regional and corporate sales objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to leverage technology (e.g., Account 360) and digital assets in order to monitor performance, identify opportunities, direct the actions of distributor personnel, pull and analyze reports and data, make decisions, etc.
- Makes sound business decisions and optimizes resource allocation based on business trends, data, growth opportunities, etc.
- Supports team in working with fine wine OP and retail accounts to sell luxury offerings and lead luxury events.
- Negotiates monthly objectives, sales incentives, etc. with distributor fine wine leadership on behalf of Gallo Winery.
- Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within their community.
- Develops and presents pricing recommendations to the distributor network.
- Directs the development and implementation of standards and goals, ensuring they support the organization’s business plans.
- Communicates/promotes the winery’s luxury brand marketing activities for the winery sales organization within assigned geography.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams; works cross-functionally to improve processes within organization.
- Forecasts business results and plans strategies to maximize future product sales.
- Monitors and evaluates market and sales information to identify business opportunities.
- Develops, maintains and assures adherence to operating budget and capital spending plan.
- Develops and maintains an effective distributor network, specifically with the distributors’ fine wine divisions.
- Develops a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills.
- Maintains absolute compliance with all Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations; educates all regional winery employees on the, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Essential Functions Standard
- Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:
- Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
- Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
- Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff.
- If accountable for the work of others, conducts performance evaluations; reviews and communicates salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of Gallo winery sales or distributor sales management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 10 years of CPG sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 12 years of Gallo winery sales or distributor sales management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Supervisory/managerial experience to include ability to provide motivational guidance and direction.
- Sales leadership experience within the Luxury Brand category.
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Required to see, smell and taste wine as part of job duties.
- Required to travel by air and car up to 40% of the time as part of job duties.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to obtain Liquor License as required by state/locality.
- Required to possess a CSW certification or obtain within 6 months of hire date.
- Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
- Required be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
- Master’s degree plus 10 years of Gallo winery sales or distributor management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree in Business Administration plus 12 years of Gallo winery sales or distributor management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Skilled in all basic fine wine training (Gallo Wine Academy, Napa, Sonoma, and Central Coast).
- Experience communicating with all levels of an organization.
- Experience influencing, negotiating and resolving conflict to reach consensus around common goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
- Experience successfully leading teams and partnering with other corporate functions to achieve success in a dynamic work environment.
- Skilled in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clientele, customers and the general public.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, and utilizing specialized software such as SMIS Data Warehouse, JDE, IRI, Nielson and Spectra.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentage, area, circumference and volume.
- Skilled in solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Skilled in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Hiring salary Range Posted: $169,700 - $254,500
- Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
- Eligible for bonus and company car program.
- Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Job Posting ID: 102500
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Job Function: U.S. Sales & Sales Operations