At Berry, we are committed to our mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue, we are a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. We operate over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employ over 48,000 individuals.
Are you looking for an inclusive organization with a fast-paced environment? We work with many of the world’s leading brands to bring them value-added protection solutions. We foster an environment of team players who embrace our strong ties to the communities in which we work and serve. Become part of a place where your work is valued. Join our growing team today.
The National Accounts Manager
primary responsibilities include developing new prospects and interacting with existing customers to increase sales of the organization’s Retail Tapes product line. This position is a field sales position that requires interfacing with customer contacts at multiple levels in Purchasing, Product Management, Operations, and Marketing. This role will be responsible for managing national retail accounts to sustain and to develop new business.
Preference for candidates to be based near a major airport within the Eastern Time Zone territory.
- Develop and execute selling strategies with new and existing retailers to close incremental business.
- Build and maintain a sales pipeline to or greater than 10% of base business
- Develop long-term multi-level relationships from C-Suite to manager titles across multiple customer functions
- Collaborate with internal Berry teams to develop and deliver on customer needs
- Meet and exceed company revenue and profitability budgeted goals
- Analyze and report on industry and market trends
- Work with customers and demand planning to provide reliable customer forecasts
- Ensure profitability through reponsible price action and expense management.
- Assist in management and tracking of Growth INcentivea nd Coop Customer Programs
- Provide additional support to Sales Director as needed to ensure smooth and effective sales operations are achieved
- Properly maintain all company equipment such as company car, computer, etc.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
- Self-starter that is results oriented
- 5+ years of national sales experience preferred with a solid background in the Hardware Industry
- Up to 50% Travel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to work cross-functionally to drive business solutions
- Strong Computer and organization skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Large, National Account, multi-site experience
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions. Knowledgeable of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals. Oriented to profitability. Develops workable plans and executes effectively. Results oriented. Meets sales and profitability goals.
- Judgment – Demonstrates sound and reliable judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision making. Makes timely and effective decisions.
- Change Management – Communicates change effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Manages transition and effectively evaluates and communicates outcome
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Can anticipate and effectively plan around potential problems or setbacks. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternatives. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Written & Oral Communication Skills – Strong verbal and written skills to include effectively sharing thoughts in clear and organized way. Strong presentation skills. Participates and collaborates in meetings. Able to read and interpret written data and analysis. Effective negotiation skills at high levels with customer groups. Able to close deals effectively and negotiate on behalf of company. Demonstrates emotional intelligence in reading and communicating with all customers and team members.