Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About The Team
Our Account Executive, Mid-Commercial, Growth team is responsible for managing the deal cycles from generation to close for our existing customers in our Commercial space (50-1500 Employees), with this team specifically focusing on customers ranging from 51-500 employees.
You will lead a team of sellers who require more coaching and oversight as they work to establish the necessary skill sets to be successful. In this role, you will be enabling AE’s success by applying enablement resources, daly coaching and sales process frameworks to their day to day.
At Outreach, we win as a team and you will find that the team is well resourced with access to cross functional teams such as SDR’s and Solutions Consultants who are on deck to help the Commercial AE team be successful. You will also be able to be a hands-on leader who maintains a manageable AE to Manager ratio which will allow you to be present in your day to day and provide prescribed coaching so that your team has the highest likelihood of success within their role.
The Commercial AE team focuses on value selling to ensure we’re building an effective business case throughout the sales process that demonstrates an undeniable ROI. Your role will be to drive and fine tune that process. You will use MEDDPIC as your sales process guidepost which Outreach uses to ensure each AE has enough qualified pipeline to achieve quota.
This team is one of the most successful sales teams at Outreach and leaders with a pattern of success will appreciate the team's openness in sharing winning ideas and learning new ones from others with the intention of achieving sales targets.
As a Sales Manager, Mid-Commercial, Growth, you will teaching AE’s how to act as the CEO of their business and teach them how to successfully execute a territory plan in their specific sales geo-territory. Specifically, you will enable them to execute a sales process which consists of deeply understanding the customer's needs and pains, demoing Outreach's entire platform to solve those needs or pains, providing technical assistance throughout the sales process to ensure we can do what we say we can do within their environment and successfully present a business case that clearly demonstrates a ROI.
Hybrid role based in New York City with the expectation of going into one of the WeWorks 2-3x a week.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Contribute to the winning environment by facilitating a culture of self development and accountability. We protect the number at Outreach and leaders do everything they can to achieve it.
- Teach AE’s how to build and manage a territory plan that builds a realistic plan towards quota achievement
- Drive prospect accountability. Outreach AE’s prospect approximately 50-60% of their own pipeline by leveraging the Outreach platform. You will be teaching AE’s how to prioritize their time so they can execute tasks including daily research, cold calling, sending email campaigns and using tools such as 6Sense, ZoomInfo and LinkedIn.
- Enable and ensure AE’s are enabled to conduct thorough discovery calls where they clearly identify the pain and needs of senior executives (CEO, CRO, CFO, CMO, VP of Sales Operations)
- Enable and ensure AE’s are enabled to demonstrate the Outreach platform’s ability to solve high level pains
- Coach AE’s on maintaining deal momentum by executing deals from discovery to close within a typical 30-60 day sales cycle
- Accurately identify risk within deals by using the MEDDPIC methodology and work with your team, internal partners and executives to mitigate those risks
- Forecast deals appropriately using Outreach’s forecast methodology
Our Vision of You
- 2+ years of outstanding results in leading team(s) at sales organizations, delivering new customer growth
- Results-driven coach, mentor and role model who manages and develops best-in-class talent and drives group results through teamwork and individual performance improvement
- Consistent track record of leading teams to achieve sales targets
- History of leading teams to contribute a significant portion of their own pipeline
- Longevity in a closing role prior to assuming leadership responsibilities
- Experience leading teams in a solutions sale that requires multiple stakeholder buy off before purchase
- Experience in helping teams develop business cases and ROI documentation
- Experience leveraging Salesforce.com , Outreach.io, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn and/or 6Sense
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary and a variable component, ranging between $175,000 OTE - $295,000 OTE. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Flexible time off
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
- Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
- A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status