Set Your Future IN MOTION
Manitou is purposefully committed to you, its people. We continue to elevate our success based on a “One United Team” focus that enables our purpose-driven and agile work environment. We pride ourselves in fostering a work-life balance that allows flexibility in people's day-to-day lives. In an era when talent is in-demand, you will find an unwavering commitment to your personal and professional growth.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
As a worldwide leader in handling, access platforms and earthmoving equipment, Manitou Group’s mission is to improve working conditions, safety and performance throughout the world, while preserving people and their environment. We design, manufacture, distribute and service products and solutions for the material handling, access equipment and compact earthmoving activities that work smarter, safer and reliably while delivering value to our customers. Our high-profile brands include Manitou and Gehl, and we are proud of our network of 1,050 dealers throughout the world. With sales in 140 countries, our team of 4,500 people are committed to delivering exceptional customer satisfaction. We operate in more than 30 global locations to ensure proximity to our customers and services tailored to their needs.
Manitou continues on the forefront of innovation driving the green transition while also streamlining our operations guided by our customer-centric “New Horizons” roadmap. We are committed to providing safety and unique customer experiences worldwide. In sharing the same mission and values, our workforce remains engaged and passionate about what we manufacture and services we provide.
Plan, direct and implement business initiatives and supporting action plans for the Manitou and Gehl dealer organizations and select strategic accounts within an assigned district in order to maximize sales potential and market share of company product lines for the Manitou and Gehl brands. Serve as district sales lead by directing and coordinating the dealer support efforts of all internal team members in order to obtain the goals and objectives for the assigned district. Perform research to identify district needs and opportunities of both short and long-term objectives, including but not limited to, the proper execution of channel and dealer development.
Region: Mountain States USA (TX & OK)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Channel Development: Identify high potential markets; locate, recruit, establish and develop dealers in these markets. Facilitate the establishment of full Company product line representation.
- Dealer Development: Assist and develop both current and new dealers with the implementation of sound business initiatives (whole goods, parts and attachment retail sales, rental, service support, inventory planning, training) and take action to assist in the implementation of established initiatives.
- Retail Development: Establish retail sales goals and inventory targets for equipment based on industry potential, sales and market share goals for assigned district.
- Rental Development: Establish rental Dealer sales goals and fleet targets for each product line based on industry potential, sales and market share goals for Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Market. Complement dealer rental goals through the support, promotion and sale of Company products to independent rental accounts and select Company approved strategic accounts.
- Perform annual dealer reviews with the contracted dealer organization in order to fully develop dealer priorities for attainment of area goals and objectives. Fully document non-performance and develop corrective action plans in order to improve dealer performance.
- Communicate Company policies and procedures to dealers and assure compliance to the Dealer Agreement(s) and Terms Schedule(s).
- In conjunction with Company’s national advertising and co-op sponsored programs, direct and coordinate dealers target marketing efforts through the promotion of Company sponsored retail and aftermarket support programs.
- Assist dealer personnel in retail sales calls, instruction of customers concerning service, applications, maintenance and safe operation of Company products.
- Report customer complaints to Service and assist in follow up to provide customer satisfaction. Consult with dealers, recommend and influence change, which leads to increased customer satisfaction.
- Develop and disseminate market information and suggest solutions to problems regarding product types, trends, competitive market share, specifications, and state and local restrictions. Collect and analyze data on end user requirements, industry trends and competitive activities for product recommendations.
- Provide assistance to dealers and product management, including input on product applications and product bid specifications.
- Develop and participate in conducting new product introductions, dealer/customer product information meetings, demonstrations, and trade shows.
- Development and facilitation of product and application based training programs. Support the Product Managers and Product & Training Specialists with training material creation, specifically with focus on competitive positioning statements.
- Manage and maintain field inventories at acceptable level of Days On Hand (DOH) Days Collection Outstanding (DCO), and Accounts Receivable (A/R) in compliance with Company goals. Protect Company receivables through properly executed inventory verifications on a timely basis as recommended through Company policy. Mitigate Company risk and exposure by working closely with Credit and Collateral Management with “high risk” accounts.
- Establish and maintain accurate sales forecasts for management to assist in proper production planning and inventory control.
- Maintain expenses within operating budgets and develop travel schedules to efficiently cover all dealers on a regular basis while keeping costs to a minimum.
- Maintain dealer files to include all pertinent dealer correspondence, dealer plans and performance discussions.
- Prior experience of compact equipment/heavy equipment in dealer development/sales environment.
- Proficient in interpersonal and communication (verbal & written).
- Familiar with PowerPoint and Microsoft and Google Suite.
- College degree or equivalent experience in business or related area required.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS:
- This role will require excellent communication skills to interact effectively with both internal and external partners
- dealer executives
- dealer personnel
- sales operations
- end-user clientele
- after sales service team
- attachment personnel
LOCALIZATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED:
- This position is remote.
- Minimum 75% overnight travel required.
OUR REWARDS & RECOGNITION:
In addition to an inclusive compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k including employer match, tuition reimbursement, community-oriented volunteer program, wellness activities, employee and family activities throughout the year, and so much more! See for yourself why Forbes ranked Manitou within the top 125 for World’s Best Employers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer