Sales Operations Specialist
Location(s): UK-Various / US-Various
The Sales Operation Specialists play an essential role supporting the HighPoint Sales Engine in generating profitable business through highly efficient and scalable back-office processes and technology adoption. The Sales Operations Specialist works side-by-side with both our Sales Team and our customers on a broad range of activities supporting Sales and Business Development efforts and operations with prospects, customers, clients, and partners. The Sales Operations Specialist must be humble, hungry, have high emotional intelligence and a very keen eye for detail.
This position will not have direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.
• Build strong relationships with HighPoint’s key strategic solution and distribution partners and work with them to maximize gross margin where possible
• Understand strategic partner rebate and deal registration structure to inform the optimal quoting approach to maximize gross margin, and inform strategic sales planning
• Develop and maintain an understanding of partner products and processes required to request and receive accurate quotes from technology partners such as Cisco, VMWare, Palo Alto, Intel, CyberArk, Arista, Tanium, TD Synnex, Ingram Micro, etc.
• Interface with Internal Sales team members to create basic hardware, software, support, managed and professional services quotes using HighPoint CRM tools
• Work with the external sales team to ensure that CRM is regularly updated as per the CRM policy
• Work with the external sales team, customers and internal operations teams to ensure that deals are structured in the most optimal and clean way for transaction and adhere to the processes in place for revenue recognition
• Ensure documentation is correctly executed and stored in system of record
• Maintain Product Codes, Names, and Descriptions in accordance with department guidelines
• Engage with Partner Account Managers and Channel Representatives to manage discount approvals and order status for hardware, software, and support
• Work directly with clients to prepare quotes for hardware, software, maintenance, subscription and support contracts
• Deliver Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics for sales operations team performance measured against stated objectives
• Other duties as assigned
• Industry Experience 2-3 year minimum
• Experience working with technology focused distribution or manufacturing partner
• Excellent time management skills
• Basic business understanding of margin, profitability, and cost-recovery
• Language Skills – Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
• Mathematical Ability - Ability to calculate figures and work with discounts, interest, commissions, transacting in multiple-currencies, percentages.
• Presentation Skills – Ability to present to individuals and groups (large and small) via discussion, whiteboard, PowerPoint, etc. while demonstrating professionalism
• Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Computer & Software Skills – Customer/Partner contact management systems, Sales Management software, Order Management and Processing systems, Project Management software, Spreadsheet, Word Processing and Presentation software and Payroll and Personnel Support systems. The systems and applications include but are not limited to:
• Microsoft Dynamics
• Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Project
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with customer-facing and back-office communications
• Understanding of general sales concepts such as shipping to multiple country destinations, Taxes such as Sales Taxes/VAT/Import VAT/Tariffs, transacting with multiple currencies
• Experience in working remotely with efficiency, accuracy and accountability.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• This position will be a mix of remote (work from home) opportunities and time spent in regional and corporate offices
• Attendance at regional and corporate all hands meetings along with special events, including partner and client events, may also be required