As a Manager – Sales Operations, you will be responsible for driving effectiveness, improving efficiencies, and expanding productivity of Wesco’s sales organization. You will be responsible for continuously improving and safeguarding our sales-centric culture, making Wesco the employer of choice for industry’s best sales professionals.Responsibilities
- Works with sales leaders and multiple internal support resources to identify areas of improvement where sales bandwidth can be created while eliminating misalignment of departmental goals that hinder delivery of value to clients, sales, and margin expansion.
- Executing process with consistent dataset to ensure sales productivity and efficiency, including those designed from Salesbook application.
- Implements uniform process whereby sales leaders evaluate data and performance of sales professionals.
- Leverages standardized coaching process for sales leaders used across Group to increase productivity and drive high-performance culture.
- Leads and coordinates the Annual Salesbook planning process, ensuring thoughtful Sales and Margin targets are established for assigned accounts at the Salesperson level and roll up to exceed Branch Budgets.
- Defines sales operations territory productivity criteria, including sales and margins required for deployment of an outside sales professional.
- Defines recommended mix of company sales resources and OPEX allocated to deliver excellent customer experience, while expanding sales, margin and EBIT.
- Works with suppliers and district leaders to create and deploy standardized quarterly review process.
- Drives creation of documented plans for sales and margin expansion for top customers. Plans should concisely define strategy to take share and drive customer value, including set measurable field expectations for customer engagement. Processes to be closed loop system, managed through Salesbook, driving accountability.
- Defines sales operations expectations for utilization and data quality within Salesbook.
- Drives consistent process using well defined datasets, including historical trends, backlog, and pipeline from Salesbook to establish branch, district, and region forecasts, including supplier volume rebates.
- May coordinate activities of sales operations.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Wesco”) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 6 years of relevant experience in a matrix environment.
- 4 years experience in managing against budgets, including sales and profit growth.
- 3+ years experience as a team lead or sales leader.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of urgency and deadline driven.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail/organization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to influence and lead change in a cross-functional team environment.
At Wesco, we build, connect, power and protect the world. As a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain solutions, we create a world that you can depend on. Wesco offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions and Utility and Broadband Solutions. Harnessing 100 years of ingenuity and expertise, we increase profitability, improve productivity and mitigate risk for thousands of customers worldwide. With millions of products, end-to-end supply chain services and leading digital capabilities, Wesco provides innovative solutions to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. Wesco operates approximately 800 branches, warehouses and sales offices in more than 50 countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
Our company’s greatest asset is our people. From our corporate and field offices to our distribution sites, Wesco employs over 20,000 professionals around the globe. Wesco is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion across our workforce by embracing the unique perspectives, authenticity and individuality our team members contribute to the company. Be You, Be the Difference, Be your Best!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Wesco is a publicly traded (NYSE: WCC) FORTUNE 500® company.