Director of S&OP
This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, customer service, and inventory control, as necessary for materials. This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.Responsibilities
- Plan and implement overall supply chain strategy.
- Lead the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to customer(s).
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure the company is operating at the highest level of performance and minimized supply chain risk.
- Ensures safe, efficient, and accurate receipt, handling, and storage of inventory.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials management group.
- Coordinates development of solutions to support logistical needs of the company.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead and coach others in maintaining excellence in safety, cost, quality, and delivery.
- Develop and continuously improve supplier and service programs.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches with the Marketing and Research and Development teams.
- Design and optimize ERP and WMS system use.
- Ensures production schedule plans are designed and implemented considering all aspects of production including safety, delivery, cost, and food safety aspects.
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly.
- Establish and execute cost reduction/control activities.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manages.
- Determine, track, and improve key supply chain KPIs.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned.
- Attend safety trainings on required topics.
- Follow and enforce all safety instructions and policies.
- Report any injuries or near miss accidents to Safety Director.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions to Safety Director.
- Keep work area clean and free of debris.
- Ensure specified equipment and materials meet state and federal requirements.
- Attend monthly Food Safety and Quality Meetings as required
- Attend food safety trainings
- Follow and enforce all GMPs and food safety instructions
- Report food safety non-conformances to the Quality Department
- BS degree with Masters or MBA preferred.
- 10-15 years progressive experience in purchasing and materials management roles.
- Advanced ERP skills and experience.
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed of execution.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams with a history of success.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills required.
- Leadership Skills with an emphasis on coaching/ mentoring
- Business Knowledge
- Advanced certifications and food industry experience a plus.
- Able to physically access all areas of facility for inspections/ oversight.
- Work in dusty / dirty environment.
- Continuous walking.
- Working in hot, cold and noisy environment.