Must have experince training and mentoring Financial Advisors to qualify for role.
$2B AUM Registered Investment Advisory firm with offices in Utah and other states in the Pacific Northwest is in search of a Chief Sales Officer to lead their team of Financial Advisors and help them continue to grow and scale while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Manage, mentor, and motivate the planner and advisor roles in meet and exceed sales goals individually and as a team.
- Create an Annual Sales Plan and Goals for the success of firm in conjunction with the Leadership team.
- Create and maintain long-term team and client relationships.
- Create a structure to ensure the cross-pollination of clients via the discovery and attainment of assets in addition to our current client engagement.
- Recruit, screen, and train salespeople for expansion and success.
- Place underperformers on improvement programs to manage them to success.
- Assist and participate in closing sales with the Lead Advisors and teams.
- Management and maintenance of any advisor insurances (E&O), Licensing requirements (maintaining active status), and ongoing education relevant to career advancement such as completion of CFP, ChFC, CPWA, etc.
- Understand the company’s products thoroughly. Product train accordingly.
- Manage and track career advancement trajectories for planners and advisors in accordance with compensation and bonus programs.
- Activity Tracking and Reporting of sales and sales activities. Keep precise records of all sales, client appointments, and pipelines by marketing type and lead generation.
- Assist the marketing department in reaching out to the company’s target audience.
- Research new solutions for success and efficiency for the sales team and our clients.
- Examine competitors’ products to evaluate their features, benefits, defects, and market success.
- Keep a complete and accurate record of all sales.
- Research current market trends and make a note of customer requirements
- Review competitor product offerings.
- Develop effective sales strategies and training programs.
- Prepare and present sales reports to upper management.
- Create or improve existing sales techniques.
- Champion standards and process for national replication.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management, marketing, or a similar discipline.
- Experienced as a Financial Advisor and managing Financial Advisors.
- Knowledge in RIA space and insurance, life and long-term care, and annuities.
- Strong understanding of sales tactics and industry rules.
- A track record of exceeding sales goals.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a sales officer, sales lead, senior sales representative, or other sales-related position.
- Complete understanding of numerous sales strategies and industry developments.
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities.
- Series 65 or 66 license.
- Positive thinking: Positive thinking affects goal-setting, your external attitude toward your profession and the product or service you’re selling.
- Interpersonal & Active Listening
- Knowledge and Expertise: Broad and Deep experience and expertise with the product and service offering to prospects and clients.
- Ability for travel up to 25% of the time