Job Family Revenue
Primary Location Montreal
Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Level (Reading) C
Language Skill Level (Writing) C
Language Skill Level (Speaking) C
Status of Employment Temporary
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
15 months Temporary position, starting in July 2023
Perks you can look forward to:
- Four weeks of vacation.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology.
- Opportunities for continued learning and professional development.
- Opportunities to become a member of our Employee Resource Groups.
- A creative and dynamic work environment, where your ideas and contributions can be heard, valued and respected.
- A supportive management team committed to upholding the highest standards of diversity and inclusivity.
This is a hybrid role
As an Operational Business Analyst, you will provide day-to-day operational support to the members of the Media Solutions team. You will take an active role in departmental initiatives involving business processes and technology to increase overall productivity and revenue.
Reporting to the Manager, Administrative Services & Operations, your duties will revolve around building and maintaining regular contact with users regarding reports, procedures, training materials and opportunities. You will also be responsible for assessing the impact of software upgrades on processes and communicating changes to users and other team members.
You will advise users how to utilize systems and tools to achieve business objectives, ensure revenue retention and coordinate with areas outside of Media Solutions in order to provide smooth integration points and prevent loss of data. You will perform analysis on current business practices and technology and recommend process improvements to increase operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Working in collaboration with other departments, you will devise requirements and testing methods for new processes and for fixing bugs.
Additionally, you will assist with change management as it relates to new activities and processes, as well as participate in strategic planning and new business process decision-making.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree in business and/or equivalent plus three (3) years’ related work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of OnAir.
- Broad knowledge of business and production processes, along with detailed knowledge of functions regularly performed by revenue, scheduling, broadcast services and finance.
- Good understanding of applications and knowledge of the process flow between OnAir, RMS, TIPPS, BW and RRT systems.
- Strong knowledge of scheduling, marketing, selling and airing television, as well as familiarity with post-broadcast analysis.dvanced Salesforce and/or other CRM knowledge.
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Solid knowledge of Google applications.
- Experience training team members of varying knowledge and skill levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly experienced at dealing with clients/users at all levels, individually and in groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to analyze root causes of operational problems and provide resolutions.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and resolve multiple issues.
- Advanced proficiency in French (spoken and written). Bilingualism (English and French) is mandatory.
- Travel and/or working on evenings/weekends may be required.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Job Posting Date Jun 7, 2023, 10:43:18 AM
Unposting Date Jun 17, 2023, 10:59:00 PM