Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What We're Looking For
As our VP of Bank Sales, you will be responsible for developing and executing our end to end go to market strategy with banks. From originating and closing new bank partnerships to managing existing partners through the lifecycle and optimizing our operational cadence and cross functional execution, you will play a key role in shaping our role in and relationship to the sponsor bank ecosystem.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate sales leader with experience selling to and/or partnering with community and mid-size banks. You will be a part of our cross functional leadership team and work closely with stakeholders in sales, operations, business development, product, marketing, and more. The ideal candidate will have experience building and inspiring teams, will be a product-minded strategic thinker and problem solver, and will be excited to roll up his or her sleeves as a player coach.
What You'll Do
- Develop and manage our end to end go to market strategy with banks.
- Identify potential bank prospects, create and nurture opportunities, and own the full sales cycle from initial lead through close.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospects, becoming a trusted advisor to their executives, product teams, and developers.
- Work with our marketing teams to create campaigns and collateral.
- Collaborate with our product teams to share product feedback and further build out our product capabilities.
- Manage our existing relationships with our bank partners in the US and Canada.
- Design and oversee operational processes related to FinTech and Bank match-making in our two-sided marketplace.
- Build and develop a team of sellers and strategic partnership managers.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years of experience selling technology to financial institutions and managing teams
- Practical knowledge of the FinTech / Banking ecosystem and the tech stacks that support community banks (particularly those related to payments / money movement)
- Ability to understand detailed technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Strong presentation skills and superior verbal / written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead contract negotiations involving multiple parties
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Genuine interest in the intersection of technology and financial services
- Exceptional negotiation skills that foster trust and leave everyone feeling like they won
- A nimble, solution-oriented approach to developing business models and agreements.
- Ability (and desire) to work independently and thrive in a complex, fast paced startup environment.
- Results-oriented mindset, with a bias toward action.
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.