Job Title: Chief Sales Officer
Job Location: Los Angeles/Orange County, CA
Job type: Full-Time
- You are results-oriented with a proven track record of success.
- You have high energy and a vision for the future.
- You can engage producers from every experience level.
- You value internal and external interpersonal connections.
- You are creative and forward-thinking.
- You understand the insurance and risk management business and can create solutions to address the complex needs they present.
- You are known to be a good listener and effective communicator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Foster a culture of success, accountability, and collaboration.
- Promote being a “boundaryless organization.”
- Monthly new business monitoring, forecasting, and reporting.
- New producer recruiting, hiring, onboarding and validation.
- Coordination of annual new business budgeting.
- Oversight of PSP performance, producer draws, and reporting on CORE/pipeline data.
- Preparing for and supporting long-term producer perpetuation.
- Create producer synergies, team building and collaboration.
- Support M&A onboarding and integration.
- Quarterly validation of producer bonus accruals.
- Oversight of the SRM and marketing team.
- Be proactive and constructively engaged with fellow CSOs.
- Work collaboratively with the practice leader, producer, and HPT to resolve service and support issues.
Producer Support Functions:
- Design, roll-out, and execute a holistic cross-selling initiative.
- Work with producers on prospect identification and nurturing strategies.
- Determine how to regularly share best practices and celebrate success across the territory.
- Compile and review quarterly producer scorecards.
- Work with Practice Leaders to drive account rounding efforts.
- Manage and optimize producer travel and entertainment spending.
- Serve as a conduit to Specialty Practices and Internal Resources.
- Assist with new business RFP proposals, stewardship reports, client meetings, and co-brokering arrangements.
- Lead the ‘Deal Team’ to aid in closing large business opportunities.
- Support producers with external marketing efforts.
- Facilitate recurring sales meetings for all producers.
- Facilitate recurring resource fairs.
- Facilitate the annual producer business plan process.
- Identify and implement any producer training needed.
Factors for Success:
- 10+ years of sales leadership experience within a large brokerage
- Must live in Los Angeles or Orange County area
- Experience with complex sales
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Reliable team member
- Demonstrated personal accountability and a drive for success.
- The expected salary range for this position is $198,599 - $250,000 and will be impacted by factors such as the successful candidate’s skills, experience and working location, as well as the specific position’s business line, scope and level. We are proud to offer comprehensive benefit and total compensation packages which could include health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, FSA, HSA and 401(k) accounts, paid-time-off benefits, and eligible bonuses, equity and commissions for some positions.
Required Experience: 10-15 years of relevant experience.
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree (4-year degree)