What began in Nick Tacony’s basement as a post-war, start-up company 72 years ago has since grown into an internationally recognized global products company with 11 offices, 375+ employees, and successful sales in over 100 countries. Now operating under experienced 3rd generation family leadership, the Tacony Corporation (“Tacony”) is ready to write its next chapter as a distributor, manufacturer, wholesaler, omni-channel, and marketer of diverse, innovative, and niche products in the sewing, home floor care, and commercial cleaning marketplace. For more information on Tacony and its range of retail and commercial product offerings, visit www.tacony.com.
Piloting a new chapter of growth, Tacony is excited to announce its search for a Chief Sales & Marketing Officer
(“CSMO”). This key executive leadership position will focus on driving Tacony’s sales strategy across all product lines and channels, ensuring profitable growth, leading high-performing sales teams, and partnering closely with marketing to yield success for Tacony’s independent retailers, distribution partners, national retail, and OEM accounts. This key executive will support and lead a strong marketing leader focused on a forward-thinking digital and ecommerce strategy across the company.
Reporting directly to Tacony’s CEO, the ideal candidate will bring prior executive team leadership, proven sales strategy, P&L ownership, M & A, and exceptional team management skills. Tacony is seeking a strategic leader with a growth-oriented mindset, an owner’s mentality, and a passion for leading sales in an ever-changing multi-channel landscape.
- EXECUTIVE ENTREPRENEUIAL LEADERSHIP – Serve as a key member of Tacony’s Executive Leadership Team. Partner with CEO and leadership team on annual business and strategic planning, sales and marketing strategy, product development, operations, technology, people, and the development of long-term goals to ensure profitable and sustainable growth. Partner closely and cross-functionally alongside executive colleagues while modeling Tacony’s core values and entrepreneurial leadership. Represent Tacony with long term key supplier relationships and continually building upon them.
- SALES STRATEGY & EXECUTION – Drive profitable revenue growth, gross margins, and earnings. Evaluate and deploy sales organization in alignment with strategic goals to yield success in complex channels. Drive collaboration and partnerships between sales, operations, finance, and marketing. Lead the sales planning and forecasting effort to meet both short and long-term goals. Evaluate new channels and influence new product development and pricing strategy. Serve as chief thought leader for internal sales teams as well as strategic business advisor for Tacony’s independent retail, distribution, International,OEM and national account base. Build strong relationships with key customers and will contribute to an international long term growth strategy.
- MARKETING – Partners and provides oversight to a diverse marketing strategy focused on brand management, customer acquisitions, website and ecommerce, and innovative market through new product development.
- TEAM MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT – Inspire, motivate, evaluate, and develop sales and marketing leadership, and selling and marketing teams for independent retail, distribution, national retail, OEM, and international sales. Oversee inside sales and customer service. Evaluate talent and implement best sales process and sales methodology. Foster a culture of accountability, continuous improvement, and professional development. Measure performance and provide meaningful feedback. Resolve issues by communicating and partnering with the appropriate internal resources to meet customer needs and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Minimum of 15+ years progressive sales experience, including prior leadership experience on an executive team, senior management team, and/or as a GM of a business unit within larger organization.
- Experience must include 5+ years in a sales management role with strategic oversight and day-to-day management responsibilities for international selling teams, regional teams, territory managers, and or individual sales contributors.
- Experience must include 5+ years marketing management role including marketplace, ecommerce and customer acquisition.
- Demonstrated success in managing both OEM as well as national account and big box retail relationships.
- Experience within both retail and commercial sales strongly desired.
- Proven ability to manage sales through complex channels and in various markets.
- Prior experience in new product development a plus.
- Prior experience in managing international sales and distribution is also a plus.
- Strong financial acumen, including prior P&L management experience.
- 4-year degree required; MBA and/or related graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel 50% plus. Travel includes trade shows, customer visits, team meetings in Fort Worth, Texas, and occasional international travel to customer and supplier locations and facilities worldwide.
Other Skills & Abilities Include
- Must excel in entrepreneurial environment with an appreciation for family values.
- Proven experience in driving change, cultivating positive culture, and fostering organizational buy-in for new initiatives through market mastery and a data-driven approach is strongly desired.
- A collaborative, yet competitive and resilient attitude with a strong work ethic is desired.
- Solid strategic planning, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly.
- Well-honed negotiation skills and strong business acumen required.
- Customer-service oriented with a high level of integrity and character.
- Ability to build rapport across company while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others, including strong interpersonal skills, good listening, and coaching skills.
- Solid technology skills, including a proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Salesforce, and
- Personable, approachable, and visible leadership style coupled with a sense of humor!
- This position must be primarily based out of St. Louis, Missouri. Relocation is expected upon hire and relocation assistance is available.