Progress - Irvine, CA
$65,000.00 - $85,000.00 Salary
Hybrid Work Model
SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series? . . .
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There's never been a more exciting time in the company's history to join SEGA!
Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, the Sales Operations Specialist
lends support to the physical packaging side of the SEGA’s video game business. Responsibilities include but are not limited to product set ups, order processing, inventory tracking, procurement and providing support to the Sales department as needed.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support Sales Operations Manager with day-to-day responsibilities by assisting with the execution and processing of new release and catalog titles for PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch.
- Organize and maintain production schedules, Bill of Materials (BOMs), UPC/SKU list, COGS, and inventory reports.
- Issue accurate Purchase Orders and hold vendors accountable for timely deliverables.
- Maintain communication with internal departments, packaging vendors, 3PLs, and 1st Party (e.g. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) regarding launch and catalog orders.
- Follow up upon and monitor critical milestones with cross-functional teams (e.g. Brand Marketing, Creative Services, Finance) and external partners as needed to ensure schedules remain on track.
- Coordinate logistics, inventory tracking and receiving of products at the warehouse(s).
- Review packaging proofs and first article samples of print components to verify accurate implementation of correct SKU details on a per project basis.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales team on seasonal promotions and activities involving SEGA’s vast catalog of console titles.
- Interface with various teams across SEGA’s Global companies to discuss current and upcoming titles coming down the pipeline.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as needed to support the Sales department.
Qualifications And Skills
- At least 2-4 years of work experience in a business environment; must have prior project management experience in a video game or entertainment industry.
- Background in procurement and/or supply chain experience preferred.
- Extremely detail-oriented and must be highly organized.
- Ability to track multiple deliverables and timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 platform (Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains a plus).