Remote (ET, CT, and MT)
Pyros is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative medicines for rare diseases with unmet needs. With an initial focus on Infantile Spasms (IS) - a rare and sometimes life-threatening form of pediatric epilepsy - we recognize the significant emotional burden this condition imposes on families. Pyros is working to offer an enhanced treatment option for families affected by IS and other rare diseases.
The Sr. Manager, Sales Operations,
reporting to the VP, Sales, will handle key activities contributing to business growth goals for the Pyros portfolio. This individual will be the point of contact for the Sales Team and will spearhead critical activities involving customer communication, business planning, data insights/inspection and trends, resource allocation, budgeting, fleet management, samples management, sales force automation, and strategic projects during the year. This individual will lead projects including business and data modeling and storytelling, milestone achievement, delegation, presentation, and collaboration. This role will evaluate sales processes and suggest how to improve their effectiveness, enhance workflow, and optimize performance.
- Serve as Pyros’ sales operations subject matter expert with a deep understanding of required capabilities and business processes needed to successfully resource and manage field employees.
- Maintain a strong national awareness of the current experiences, needs and challenges of Pyros’ field team.
- Through strong cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Commercial and Medical Affairs, prioritize and pull through the tools, resources, and incentives to align strategy and ensure field productivity.
- Assist in the development and management of incentive compensation for the Sales Team.
- Perform budgeting, planning, and expectation setting and analytic activities for the Sales Team.
- Provide guidance and feedback to the internal Operations, Quality, and Supply Chain Departments regarding critical client matters.
- Partner with Commercial and Market Access to conduct market research and perform data analysis to understand client needs opportunities/trends.
- Oversee the sample process for physicians and field, including tracking, reconciliation, sample loss/theft, assistance with FDA reports, monthly inventories, paper receipt forms, adjustments and closeout inventories.
- Manage cost containment and expense analysis including depreciation, fuel, insurance, tolls, and safety related expenses. Manage the methodology, validation, and tracking of fleet savings projects.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with vehicle manufacturers.
- Responsible for fleet budgeting, monthly metrics, billing, reporting, industry benchmarking, and establishing and implementing new activities.
- Examine and integrate critical fleet developments and trends including market forces, competition, and technology.
- Partner with the Sales and Information Technology (IT) Departments to ensure all systems and key field support and activities are launch-ready. Leverage critical field input to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Collaborate with IT to maintain elements of data warehouse systems, integrity, and quality of data.
- Maintain and distribute timely and accurate performance reports and dashboards.
- Partner with Sales Training to ensure the Sales Team is fully trained in key systems and resources.
- Process onboarding and offboarding of Sales employees. Partner with vendors to issue fleet cars to new hires, samples, training, and retrieve all Pyros equipment for closeouts. Maintain credentialing data and supply documentation as requested.
- Maintain the sales roster and communicate changes to the appropriate parties.
- Support territory alignments, call plan lists, and field team data inquiries.
- Serve as the CRM system subject matter expert and provide key reporting, training, problem- solving, and data validation and review to pull through strategic initiatives.
- Help lead contracts and negotiations with clients alongside the Legal and Market Access teams.
- Champion compliance throughout all processes and support compliance around Sales reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Superior customer service experience and handling inbound business-to-business customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, NetSuite, IQVIA, Veeva, PowerBI, Salesforce, and other reporting platforms needed to link strategy and implementation.
- Willingness and ability to deliver unpleasant information in a professional and honest manner.
- Strong communication, analytical, financial, detail, and business acumen skills.
- Direct contract negotiation experience preferred.
- Occasional travel (up to 10%) may be required.
- Valid passport or required travel documents to meet domestic and international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant science or business discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years’ relevant experience in commercial operations, pricing/revenue management, incentive compensation design, and analytics; marketing experience preferred.
- Sales or marketing experience preferred.
- Occasionally travel for business meetings.
- Occasionally mobile within home office environment.
- Routinely in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone, and other similar office machinery.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Medical, dental, vision (most tiers are fully compensated by Pyros)
- HSA and FSA
- Life and supplemental life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous PTO with rollover
- Generous holidays
Pyros is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Powered by JazzHR