Scientific Management International designs, manufactures, supplies and installs bespoke pressure moulded cable systems to a wide variety of sectors operating in the most challenging and hostile environments on the planet.
As a result of our world beating reputation for fit and forget performance, the Company is growing quickly. If you are looking to start or advance your career in sales this could be the role for you. It's an exciting time to join the team and you would be at the heart of our Sales team, working hand in hand with our Business Development Managers ensuring first class customer service.
This is no ordinary sales operations role. Our customers are major Companies in our sectors and the experience you will gain on complex projects will be hard to beat elsewhere. This role is a great first step on the road to account management and business development and would see you interacting with the entire organisation, including the Board.
The successful candidate will, as part of our Commercial Team, support the sales team to deliver pipeline sales through efficient order processing, contract management and project tracking. Additionally you would act as a liaison between customers and internal departments to ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of sales orders.
- Pre and post-sales support for customers
- Lead and manage the contract review process
- Review all terms & conditions documents, identify issues to be resolved and work with the Commercial Director to negotiate changes
- Liaise with lawyers & the Commercial Director where appropriate to resolve technical terms and conditions issues
- Create Projects, track progress and maintain the Project Management system
- Liaise with planning, procurement, production, technical & finance to ensure targets are met.
- Prepare simple quotations for customers
- Understand, prepare and request export documentation where necessary
- Expedite and reschedule orders as required
- Request and maintain free issue and customer owned stock requests and processes
- Review tender websites [e.g. buy&sell and DCI portal] for potential sales opportunities
- Maintain and action open order book requests/responses
- Assist in the process to obtain feedback on a regular basis
- Maintain the customer relationship management system
- Assist with Key Account Plans and maintenance & further development of the sales and marketing plan, to develop the customer base
- Accompany Key Account Managers/Commercial Director to selected Customer visits
Skills and Experience:
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail with focus on quality.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Advanced computer system skills (MS Office) and experience of using a complex CRM and ERP system is essential
- Effective workload management, effective record keeping, planning and organising work in a logical manner
- Great team player, providing timely and efficient support to the Business Development team
- Able to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally, delivering positive and proactive outcomes
- Ability to juggle a number of projects and activities, with meticulous organisation skills and ability to prioritise to deliver results
- Commercial awareness. Previous experience in customer service or sales position
- Self-motivated, and ambitious with high standards
- Ability and willingness to network at exhibitions, customer events etc.
Please be aware that many roles working for SMI will be subject to security restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Although the application deadline is June, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we find the ideal candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Andover, Hampshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 30/06/2023