Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: group.springernature.com and follow @SpringerNature
We are looking for a Product Manager Sales Operations (m/f/d)
to strengthen our Sales Operations Centre of Excellence. We are a global team, operating in the scientific publishing industry. We are part of our worldwide sales organization and are tasked to improve the way we work in our day-to-day operations of delivering online scientific content to our customers.
The Product Manager Sales Operations helps Sales teams to improve the operational excellence. The role is responsible for implementing of Sales Operations roadmap within the organization. In the day-to-day business he/she will typically work closely with Sales teams and IT departments. A significant part of the work will consist of improving the lead to cash workflow, processes, and user interface of Salesforce CRM. Based on the research, he/she will define areas of improvement together with other stakeholders.
Key Tasks/ Main Result Areas
- Define and document areas for improvement within the existing lead to cash workflow
- Write stories and create tickets to be implemented by IT developers
- Research and analyze operational data to identify areas of improvement
- Manage projects against set timelines and deliverables
- Document processes and workflow
- Set, manage, and translate requirements of change from business to IT
- Create reports/dashboards that provide actionable intelligence and awareness
- Ability to communicate the findings and recommendations of analyses in a clear and effective manner at all levels, both verbal and written, adjusting delivery to target audience
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-6 years’ experience in a product-management role, ideally in a matrix organization
- Min. Bachelor degree with strong quantitative focus (ideally data science or similar)
- Knowledge of software product development cycle.
- Ideally the knowledge of CRM systems required (Salesforce.com)
- Preferred green belt Lean six sigma and or Agile scrum (product owner) certified
- Project management experience and project management tools (Asana, Trello, Jira, etc)
- Comfortable managing large sets of data
- Problem-solving skills and ability to apply judgment on when to flag and escalate issues
- Fluent in English (both written and oral)
- Previous sales experience is a plus
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams and work to build an inclusive culture, where people are treated fairly and can bring their differences to work and thrive. We empower our colleagues and value their diverse perspectives as we strive to attract, nurture and develop the very best talent.
Springer Nature was awarded Diversity Team of the Year at the 2022 British Diversity Awards. Find out more about our DEI work here.
If you have any access needs related to disability, neurodivergence or a chronic condition, please contact us so we can make all necessary accommodation.