At Impero, we’re more than just a software company. We come to work each morning knowing that we are creating the best technology solutions designed specifically to keep people, devices and the connections between them safe and effective.
In our digital world, secure connections are fundamental to effective education and a productive workforce. In the classroom, in an office, in a hospital or in any remote environment, our users count on Impero to make millions of swift, secure and seamless connections every day.
Since 2002, Impero has worked with schools and organisations across the globe. In 2021, Impero acquired Netop, a market-leading classroom management and remote access software company, as well as ContentKeeper, a global leader in web filtering for education. Today we work directly with technical teams, schools, MATs, and Fortune 500 companies in more than 90 countries.
Together, we’re developing a future where we can all be safe and productive online.
- Acts as a bridge between sales and finance being first point of contact with finance for all sales related queries. This role exists to be the finance expert within sales for all sales related activities, to ensure accountability within the sales team and to ensure appropriate and challenged reforecasts/budgets are delivered.
- Reports into CFO (but potential long-term plan to report into Chief Revenue Officer).
- Introduce and produce weekly/Monthly KPIs such as but not limited to new deal bookings, renewals, churn, upsells/downsells, value of overdue renewals, and a monthly ARR roll-forward.
- Establish formal churn reporting with clarifying 1) actual customer churn and 2) reasons lost.
- Sit with sales on weekly/monthly basis to monitor performance against budget/targets producing summarized views for executive team.
- Work with the executive team to develop a sales department strategy aligned with company goals.
- With sales to identify pricing and new revenue opportunities.
- Provide relevant data to the Sales and Marketing departments to ensure effective coordination and maximum effectiveness of Marketing spend.
- Responsible for annual commission plan with view to maintaining, updating to ensure optimal revenue outcome for business moving more towards ARR.
- Monthly reporting of bookings v targets for all salespeople. Lead quarterly review alongside Chief Revenue Officer for executive team. Identify training needs and performance issues where appropriate.
- Work alongside Chief Revenue Officer and sales to produce a monthly rolling bookings reforecast.
- Work alongside Chief Revenue Office to produce annual billings budgets.
- Develop power BI reporting to continue journey of automated reporting.
- Proactively highlight any risks/opportunities to executive team on a timely basis.
- Understand relationship between bookings and revenue, annual recurring revenue to ensure sales team also understand and are thinking always about ARR within deals.
- Work with finance to ensure that accurate and timely invoices are raised.
- Ownership of sales/customer master data.
- Work with billing/credit control manager to reduce overdue debt and ensure sales involvement when necessary.
- Production of weekly pipeline roll-forward.
- Provide support to CEO, CRO and CFO as requested.
- Possibility of some team management.
- Experience within PE backed or PLC environments, technology focus would be beneficial but not required.
- Must be able to demonstrate past significant improvements around finance such as 1) improving the calibre of the team 2) automating processes and reporting 3) driving a no surprises culture.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving environment with internal customers in multiple time zones.
- Hands-on in approach with a strong focus on detail.
- Gravitas and impactful, comfortable challenging others and being challenged back.
- Excellent communication and expectation management skills.
- Good team player.
- Sharp intellect with a strategic mindset.
- Must have been the number 1 within a sales op type team supporting senior management.
- High level of Microsoft Excel skills essential, power BI desirable.
- Comfortable dealing with C-Suite
- Must demonstrate understand order to cash process.
This role would require 3 days in the office – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to meet with the relevant teams. This is a Full time permanent role.