At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!
Brightspeed is looking for a driven, creative, and energetic professional to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have sound experience with Sales teams within Enterprise and Wholesale, supporting both Sales and Sales Support. An accomplished incentive compensation and sales performance manager will be someone whose expertise translates into the realization for both our short-term and long-term business objectives.
We are looking for an innovative and motivated individual who will be responsible for the development of an incentive plan design, plan distribution, commission calculations, policy governance, and analysis of overall plan effectiveness.
To ensure success as an incentive compensation and sales performance manager, you should demonstrate the enablement of the Enterprise & Wholesale sales teams to drive sales performance in order to maximize the incentive plans while ensuring the incentive plans are effectively awarding the behavior needed to maximize our company’s sales and revenue goals.
As the Sales Operations Manager, Incentive Compensation, you will have the following duties:
- Partner with internal stakeholders at all levels to develop sales incentive compensation plans that align with the right business outcomes to drive growth
- Ownership and programing of the Commission Administration system in Anaplan and ensure commission plan calculations are accurate, comply with the plans, communicated properly, and completed in a timely manner for payroll submission
- Develop quota and revenue targets for each of our sellers and managers across all of Enterprise and Wholesale
- Manage development and distribution of training, presentation, and other materials for compensation program rollouts
- Work with internal employees and External Agents and Partners on disputes and commission inquiries
- Assist in the development and implementation of Compensation Policies working with Finance, Legal, HR, Sales Operations and Sales and Client Services Management
- Collaborate extensively with Finance, Sales Operations, Human Resources, Sales, and Client Services on integration of sales programs, accruals, and other initiatives
- Own the analysis and recommendations related to compensation plan effectiveness
- Oversee the governance of account module integrity; researching and approving account additions to the properly aligned sales module
- Manage Account Assignment changes, lead conversion requests and own/implement Rules of Engagement and account segmentation policies
- Develop and Maintain Data Governance process and ensure account records can be tied to customer hierarchy and enriched with firmographic data
- Partner with external vendors (Salesforce.com and D&B) to maximize value of contracts and improve sales rep experience
- Analyze current infrastructure and processes and work with IT, Finance, Sales, and Operations to implement improvements on customer master data
- Develop and monitor the performance of sales campaigns; track the efficacy of the program. Determine what worked and what didn’t for enhancement to future programs
- Identify needs, opportunities, and gaps within current sales lead processes in order to improve processes for the Enterprise and Wholesale sales teams
- Assist in driving the issue resolution process for responding to escalated issues and questions concerning incentive plan design/metric and policies
- Responsible for assisting in SOX processes and audits are complete and reviewed
Professional Success Competencies:
- Communicating - Conveying information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods, both internal and external
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifying issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from various sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, & chooses a course of action
- Driving for Results - Setting ambitious standards of performance for self and the overall team; responsibility for work goals; initiates, focuses, and monitoring the efforts; proactively acting, and going beyond what is needed
- Client & Partner Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of client, partner and stakeholder needs and actions
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Telecommunications or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in supporting and collaborating with a sales organization
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Ability to analyze and review current processes, identifying areas for improvement and taking appropriate action
- Demonstrable experience of successfully identifying variance of performance against targets
- Excellent IT skills ideally with advanced Excel skills, prior Anaplan knowledge is a plus
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We Offer Competitive Compensation And Comprehensive Benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices:
- Brightspeed’s Privacy Notice for California Residents
- Brightspeed’s Privacy Notice