Director of Sales Operations
As a Director of Sales Operations, you are vital to our fast-paced multi-disciplinary team, driving revenue growth, building strong relationships, and growing a team of motivated sales professionals.
As the Director of Sales Operations, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth and expanding our product offerings in a telesales environment. With your strategic mindset, exceptional leadership skills, and deep industry knowledge, you will play a critical role in shaping and executing our sales strategy to maximize market penetration and drive business expansion.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Sales Strategy & Execution
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy to expand product offerings and increase our market share across Canada.
- Identify new business opportunities, evaluate market trends, and adjust sales strategies accordingly.
- Set sales targets, develop sales forecasts, and track performance metrics to ensure consistent progress toward sales targets.
- Lead your team and set an example by prospecting, negotiating, and closing deals, and provide guidance and support to your sales team throughout the sales cycle.
- Continuously monitor sales performance, identify areas of improvement, and provide coaching and training to enhance sales skills.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop accurate sales forecasts and effectively manage the sales pipeline. This includes monitoring the progress of deals, assessing their likelihood of closure, and providing guidance and support to ensure accurate sales projections
Team Leadership and Development
- Build, lead, and mentor a high-performing sales team, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and professional development opportunities to enhance the team’s sales skills, product knowledge, and industry expertise.
- Set clear performance expectations, monitor individual and team performance, and recognize outstanding performance/achievements.
Market Expansion and Relationship Management
- Identify and evaluate potential partnership opportunities to expand our network and enhance product visibility within the market.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and operations, to align sales strategies with organizational goals and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Stay ahead of industry knowledge and trends by conducting market visits regularly, understanding and staying up to date with the competitive landscape, and regulatory changes, and adjusting sales strategies accordingly.
- Monitor sales performance, analyze financial reports, and take proactive measures to control costs, optimize profitability, and achieve budgetary goals.
- Develop and manage sales forecasts, budgets, and targets, providing accurate and timely reporting to senior management.
- Set clear KPIs for the sales team that align with the company’s financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive B2B sales or operations experience, with a focus in the retail industry as a plus.
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and achieving sales targets.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in building and managing high-performing sales teams.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic sales plans, adapt to changing market conditions, and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in both field sales and telesales environments.
- Strong analytical skills and high proficiency in MS Excel and CRM analytics.
- Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Prior experience creating a new division within an organization whilst building out a team and leading operations is considered an immense asset for this role.