Superior Group of Companies ™ , formerly Superior Uniform Group, established in 1920, is a combination of companies that help customers unlock the power of their brands by creating extraordinary brand experiences for employees and customers. It provides customized support for each of its divisions through its shared services model.
Fashion Seal Healthcare ® , HPI ™ and CID Resources are signature uniform brands of Superior Group of Companies. Each is one of America’s leading providers of uniforms and image apparel in the markets it serves. They specialize in innovative uniform program design, global manufacturing, and state-of-the-art distribution. Every workday, more than 6 million Americans go to work wearing a uniform from Superior Group of Companies.
The Sr. Director, S&OP will drive results in a fast-paced and demanding growth environment, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and leadership skills. This role will challenge you to build and implement a world class Sales and Operations Planning process across the enterprise to improve customer satisfaction, profitability, inventory turns, lead times, and working capital. The core functions of the position include strategic and tactical decision-making related to balancing demand and supply; aligning volume and mix with capacity and capability; and integrating financial and operating plans within strategic imperatives to deliver improved operating and financial results. Manages all intersections between the various planning teams ensuring all findings are actioned.
Role And Responsibilities
- Manages the Sales & Operating Process across functions to achieve an executable, unified, consensus-based business plan
- Facilitates monthly, inter-functional alignment meetings such as Demand Review or Buy Review in line with CID overall business plan.
- Executes monthly Senior S&OP meeting to create executive-level approval, team alignment, and action-based planning
- Manages all follow-up actions arising from Senior S&OP meetings, ensuring appropriate completion with cross-functional partners
- Tracks and monitors the team’s performance against Key Performance Indicators such as DSI, OTIF, etc., that support Sales & Operations Planning execution
- Leads the sales and demand planning teams to constantly improve the accuracy and quality of our demand signal and ensures that key findings from the demand side are incorporated into purchase decisions.
- Partners closely with the sales team and inventory buying team to ensure that key findings from the demand side are incorporated to forecasts.
- Maintains obsolescence planning and open-to-buy tools to provide data-driven insights that guide and inform our inventory decisions.
- Ad hoc analytic projects as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics
- 10+ years’ experience in Supply Chain (experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and Inventory Planning in an environment of both manufactured and sourced finished goods highly preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in MRP and ERP systems (inventory control, materials requirements planning, item master, demand planning, and advanced supply chain planning and analytics preferred)
- Knowledgeable in lean principles and methodologies
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills, including multi-tasking and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, follow up and attention to details
- Must be data-driven with demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems and strong proficiency in MS Office applications, with exceptional Excel capabilities
- People management experience including strong interpersonal skills executive presentation, meeting facilitation, skill sharing and training, organization, and conflict management
- Deliberative Decision Making – Analysts gather, consider, and evaluate all relevant information to make logical conclusions before being moved to action. They are able to put aside personal biases and take an objective approach to making decisions based on data or other pertinent facts.
- Analytical Thinking – They have the capability and the inclination to identify and synthesize information from diverse sources by looking for patterns in data, making connections between seemingly unrelated events, and understanding how different parts of a system are interdependent.
- Learning Agility – They are able to discern patterns in data, recognize relationships between concepts, and rapidly apply learning from one context to solve analogous problems in different contexts.
- Scientific Acumen – They consistently and appropriately implement best practices in scientific inquiry and empirical reasoning to identify trends in data. They conduct all research, analyses, and interpretations in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the appropriate scientific community.
- Information Seeking – They have an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues. They go beyond routine questions and dig for exact information to resolve discrepancies.
- Quality Focus – They are able to manage the efficiency, accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the work that they produce. They also recommend improvements in procedures to continually improve the quality of work produced.
- Time Management – They are able to manage multiple responsibilities by being organized and keeping on top of important timesensitive tasks.
- Process Management – Project Managers take a systematic approach in contributing to making the company’s workflow more effective, efficient, and capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment.
- Quality Focus – Project Managers ensure that all work in one’s own area of the business, throughout the organization, by vendors, suppliers, etc. is performed with excellence and to high standards for quality and integrity.
- Planning and Priority Setting – They identify the priorities, processes, and practical actions that are necessary to achieve an objective or an idea. This requires developing detailed action or project plans, including objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and contingencies.
- Communicating – They provide the information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way. They perceive how the message affects the receiver and strive to ensure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics and function of the message.
- Negotiating – They identify key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
- Along with a generous Compensation Package, the company offers an excellent Benefits Package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.