Manager, Sales Operations & Analysis
We are looking to expand our Sales Operations team at Kal Tire. If you desire the satisfaction of working in an environment surrounded by high-performing, motivated, and engaged Sales Ops team members and can demonstrate your ability to deliver insights from data, we would like to hear from you. Our Sales leadership team is embarking on a journey to transform our Sales Organization thoughtfully and deliberately, based on a home-grown 5-year plan.
The Manager, Sales Operations & Analysis reports to the Director of Sales Operations, and as part of this role, you will be expected to demonstrate curiosity, lead by example, and collaborate freely with other business units. You will utilize your knowledge of transforming data into insights, have a deep understanding of constructing and measuring sales pipelines, and possess the ability to inspire and motivate team members. This role will provide strategic leadership and operational excellence in driving sales growth and business transformation. This includes identifying growth opportunities, fostering strategic partnerships, leveraging analytics and data, implementing scalable processes and technologies, and leading the Sales Operations team. The primary focus is achieving outcomes enabling distributed sales teams to thrive in an action-oriented operating model.
- Identify growth opportunities for the B2B business based on analytical insights, industry trends, and the changing competitive landscape. Represent Sales Operations in the sales strategy, aligned with the commercial strategy.
- Think strategically and execute tactically, ensuring tight coordination between people, processes, and system capabilities to achieve outcomes that enable distributed sales teams to thrive in an action-oriented operating model.
- Lead Sales Ops transformation by fostering an environment of continuous improvement and implementing scalable processes and technologies.
- Partner with Service Operations, Store Operations, Finance, and Marketing to align department goals and orchestrate the delivery of key outcomes.
- Develop a customer profitability framework to inform cost of selling decisions and program choices for customers.
- Work with the Commercial Sales Leadership Team to represent initiatives, goals, and objectives of Sales Operations.
- Support the Commercial Strategy group with customer and sales analysis and insights.
Analytics, Data, and Tools
- Utilize data and tools to analyze the sales process and sales performance and identify appropriate levers to improve performance.
- Represent sales requirements in the development of customer sales data models, participate in the development of sales data definitions, and create new measures to measure profitability and sales performance.
- Develop a customer profitability model that can scale with the business and is integrated into customer sales for a 360-degree view of customer profitability.
- Analyze the cost of sales and report on sales utilization.
- Research, develop, and implement new statistical analysis methodologies as needed.
- Quantify the impact of future decisions, changes, and strategies on the business. Propose courses of action based on simulations and modeling. Work in partnership with the business to make recommendations on which actions should be taken and forecast the anticipated outcomes.
- Capture the corporate requirements for customer sales reporting and insights, and develop the reports in partnership with Kal Tire Marketing and the Sales Reporting specialist.
- Prepare updates on business performance, proposals, and recommendations for the Commercial Sales Leadership team and VP of Sales.
- Lead, direct, and mentor the Sales Operations team. Maintain a high level of engagement within the team and mentor and develop the expertise of team members.
- Organize and direct work, including prioritizing assignments, establishing objectives, providing regular performance feedback, conducting year-end performance appraisals, and taking necessary corrective action as required. Assist in staff career planning and establish development and succession plans.
- Promote a productive and positive environment for team members that encourage innovation, teamwork, initiative and model the Kal Tire corporate values. Motivate team members by assigning challenging work, planning and managing internal communications, and creating awareness of corporate direction, mission, plans, and activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Data Science, Marketing, or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Sales Operations, Data Analytics, Financial Analysis, or a similar role.
- Previous People Management experience.
- Business-to-Business Sales experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis tools and techniques.
- Excellent strategic thinking and execution capabilities, with the ability to align people, processes, and systems toward achieving outcomes.
- Experience in developing strategic partnerships and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in prescriptive analytics methodologies and statistical analysis techniques.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex ideas and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Data visualization and report creation in Power BI.
- Modelling using Excel.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.