Are you looking to build and scale a new and growing business with Amazon? If so, you might be interested in this role with Amazon Freight.
Amazon Freight is a startup business within Amazon focused on developing an industry-leading transportation offering to provide external freight customers access to the world-class network and freight services currently used to facilitate Amazon’s own freight movements. Our freight offerings/portfolio ensure that our customers' freight is moved with the highest level of service and quality at a competitive price across multiple modes of transportation, including truckload, less-than-truckload, and intermodal.
The Sales Operations (Ops) team supports our sales organizations (Enterprise and Small/Medium) – it is responsible for establishing internal capabilities to achieve growth goals and creating a solid foundation to maintain strong relationships with current shippers. We develop scalable, process-driven solutions to address foundational gaps, develop go-to-market plans for our sales teams to launch new business lines, reduce the time to onboard new shippers, minimize launch defects, and improve sales efficiency and efficacy.
The Senior Sales Ops Manager is expected to proactively identify process gaps by analyzing data and anecdotes, propose viable solutions, craft concise and compelling strategies, and assist in the launch of new transportation modes. The ideal candidate will be excited about launching a new startup from the beginning of its life cycle, thrive in fast-paced environments, and have a history of working with a diverse set of stakeholders to solve significant problems and build scalable programs. Assisting with ad-hoc requests and escalations is also expected.
The ideal candidate is strategic, creative, organized, and able to balance qualitative and quantitative considerations in decision-making. The Senior Program Manager must handle multiple projects simultaneously and work through ambiguities to get things done while communicating the status quo to stakeholders and leadership teams. This role will work closely with Sales, Operations, Product, Marketing, as well as Learning and Development teams to raise the bar on our diverse portfolio of initiatives.
Having knowledge of the freight and transportation industry is a plus, and involvement in change management is also a plus
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and take ownership of projects, working autonomously to deliver results efficiently and at scale, while also collaborating as part of a team to achieve our collective goals.
- Collaborate closely with sales, operations, analytics, and leadership teams to identify, prioritize, and address strategic program initiatives.
- Tackle ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs that have a significant impact across multiple organizations.
- Identify and quantify new business growth opportunities.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for various aspects of the business.
- Conduct data analysis to identify opportunities, collaborate with analytics to establish long-term reporting structures, and align with stakeholders.
- Support structures and programs that facilitate shipper launches, proactively seeking expansion opportunities, and having a strong vision for tracking and eliminating defects.
- Foster strong relationships with stakeholders and design mechanisms to enhance cross-functional collaborations.
- Maintain clear and professional communication with stakeholders at all levels.
- Take ownership of Go-To-Market strategies, develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Statements of Work (SOW), and perform market segmentation to scale up the business.
- Lead and develop change management initiatives to support the broader organization and coordinate initiatives requiring sales visibility.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Atlanta, GA, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Santa Monica, CA, USABasic Qualifications
- 5+ years of sales operations, program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- 4+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Master's degree, or MBA in business, operations, human resources, adult education, organizational development, instructional design or related field
- Freight or transportation industry experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $107,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $199,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.Company
- Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2484378