The VP of Sales & National Accounts leads the national sales team, sales operations team, pricing processes, and tools to drive world class sales force productivity and serves as a strategic partner to the sales leadership team.
The leader in this role must be motivated with a high degree of focus on detail, process, and customer partnership. This position will be required to meet the needs of growth-oriented organization. and require a strong understanding of our operations and the ability to communicate and partner with our regional and area leadership teams to drive outcomes.
Reporting to the President of Commercial Operations, this highly visible position will be responsible for the leadership and performance of the Divisional Sales VPs to support and drive revenue and gross margin growth within the business as well as achieving strategic objectives. Through the use of process, data , and analytics the VP will identify opportunities for improvement.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Execute National accounts strategy and alignment with the overall product(s) and organizational goals.
- Accurately manage and grow National Accounts pipeline.
- Identify key sales opportunities and partner with sellers to develop actionable sales strategies and execution plans.
- Pricing leadership and processes.
- Develop annual planning of sales budgets and goals for National Accounts team.
- NLP (New, Lost and Penetration) customer reporting and analysis.
- Develop and provide detailed forecasting and ongoing reporting and analytics.
- Utilize manufacturing capacity modeling to drive sales throughput.
- Support sales training and process.
- Develop and execute pull through strategies aligned with the core accounts including down- stream plans and field support.
- Develop and maintain relationships with core contact up to the executive level within core assigned accounts.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, regional and area leadership team and other cross-functional leaders as appropriate to develop National Accounts strategies to achieve near-term and future team and organizational performance.
- Maintain an outside-in perspective, with understanding of customer dynamics, market dynamics, and industry best practices.
- Key member of company operational leadership with responsibility to help identify and define key company initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervises assigned employees, including staff selection and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Executes leadership strategy through management of sub-function regional VPs and/or directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales or related field preferred.
- 12+ years of related experience
- 7+ years of Sales Management experience in a Sales Leadership position building, scaling, leading and driving consistent measurable results through high-performing sales teams.
- Proven management experience with strong leadership and talent management skills.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strategic leader with confidence and speed in execution. Must have the ability to interact & influence at the highest levels of the company (incl. with sales, operations, finance, etc.)
- Change agent, with excellent verbal and written communication .
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Experienced coach and developer of teams, producing leaders and contributors.
- Strong business acumen; solid understanding of and experience in sourcing, consumption, demand planning, inventory, logistics and production data and critical inputs in the technology
- Ability to influence and incorporate feedback at high levels.
- Strong understanding of logistics and manufacturing processes, as well as inventory management principles and compliance at a multinational level
- Strong ability to move between tactical and strategic aspects of business.
- Confidence and success in problem resolution; resourceful with ability to adjust to change.
- Project management skills; ability to actively participate in and lead cross functional project team (internal), and to manage across supplier teams (external) for projects requiring multiple outside suppliers and customers
- Strong financial/business literacy and analytical skills
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and analyze trends.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Demonstrates depth of understanding for the P&L and financial analysis
- Teaches business and financial acumen to others.
- Understands KPIs and how BFS makes money.
- Knows the different business segments and how they relate to one another.
- Understands customer sales and engagement.
- Demonstrates functional and/or technical expertise.
- Understands complex issues and demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Understands how to maximize business results regardless of industry cycle.
- Results Driven
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Communicates and sets clear goals with plans to deliver.
- Manages competing priorities effectively.
- Demonstrates appropriate urgency.
- Drives to exceed expectations in alignment with our BFS SPICE values.
- Embraces and follows best practices.
- Demonstrates self-starter, can-do attitude.
- Strategic Thinking and Decision Making
- Leverages resources and teams around them to solve problems and create mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Demonstrates willingness and courage to make tough decisions in a timely manner.
- Balances short-and-long term priorities
- Demonstrates proactive versus reactive thinking.
- Asks questions to identify root cause and analyze situations more accurately.
- Servant Leadership
- Demonstrates humility by putting others first.
- Builds trust-based relationships.
- Leads by example with kindness and respect.
- Collaborates well across all areas of the business.
- Advocates for others
- Actively listens to understand the meaning and intent of what the other person is communicating.
- Demonstrates authenticity and encourages others to do the same.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Demonstrates situational awareness – knows when and how to adjust leadership style in different situations.
- Demonstrates self-awareness – understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrates empathy – puts themselves in other’s shoes.
- Assumes positive intent.
- Develops and Leads Others
- Drives alignment through clear communication of vision, goals, and expectations.
- Invests time on a regular basis in performance feedback and developmental conversations.
- Fosters a respectful and inclusive environment.
- Empowers, motivates, and inspires others.
- Coaches and mentor others for their development.
- Guides and persuades others to deliver positive outcomes.
- Growth Mindset
- Demonstrates a growth mindset; takes appropriate risks, fails fast and forward, learns from mistakes.
- Perseveres and champions growth, even in the face of resistance, ambiguity, or possible failure.
- Thinks like an owner with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrates and encourages intellectual curiosity.
- Continuous learner; seeks opportunities and knowledge for personal and professional growth.
- Sees possibilities over problems – actively seeks solutions.
- Encourages out-of-the box thinking to create new ways of doing things.
- Continuously seeks to improve and simplify pain points in the business.
- Anticipates, embraces, and leads change.
- Develops and executes breakthrough strategies.
- Does the right thing even under challenging circumstances
- Communicates with honesty.
- Consistently treats others fairly and equitably.
- Demonstrates reliability and does what they say they will do.
- Conducts tough conversations and delivers difficult messages with kindness and respect.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Travel up to 50% travel may be required.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish