The Krusteaz Company is looking for a Director, Sales Operations! The primary responsibility of the Director of Sales Operations is to lead the Sales Operation Team including the following functions: Sales Operations, Trade Management, Revenue Growth Management and Category Management. This includes communicating and aligning the regional strategies to the CPG Division’s objectives with respect to selling, marketing, and retailing resources. This role partners closely with the VP of CPG Sales and the Field Sales Leadership to drive sales execution and achieve top line targets and profit objectives. This role is located out of our Corporate Office.
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with Marketing, Field Sales, Planning, Finance and Revenue Growth Management.
- Works with Marketing and Field Sales to drive development of National category specific trade strategies.
- Develops and tracks the Division’s in-market sales goals and objectives.
- Provides oversight and direction for category management function including building and staffing capabilities.
- Assists and monitors the planned national distribution for core and new item product introductions.
- Oversees Revenue Growth Management in the evaluation, analysis, and monitoring of pre-promotional and post-promotional budget performance to profitably increase market share and sales volume.
- Works with Customer Service Department in regards to issues and problems that arise with order processing; including issues that relate to: pricing, promotions, freight and logistics.
- Responsible for the monthly CPG Sales IBP input and for the Demand Pillar forecasting review.
- Guides the field sales staff development of monthly/annual sales forecasts and budgets.
- Manages all Private Label projects and customer specific sku’s.
- Develops & Tracks with Finance sales versus target performance and provides follow-up on all regions P&L results; prepares and presents root-cause analysis.
- Partners with VP of Sales in identifying ideal target market segments for The Krusteaz Company products based on consumer needs and trends.
- Oversees the design and develop of customer templates to deliver “Best in Class’ sales presentations for the field sales staff.
- Partners with Marketing, Planning & Finance to redesign and improve the Retail Monthly Sales Forecast Process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals qualified with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven ability to develop a deep and objective understanding of customer needs to support development of capabilities relating to Strategic Customer Focus.
- Ability to use data to create plans and proposals to drive business objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to manage budgets and control selling costs
- Strong business acumen and P&L management experience.
- Highly proficient with syndicated data, analysis, insights, and presentation creation.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle changing environment and priorities.
- Commitment to continued self-development and learning.
- Ability to convey and present complex information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong Knowledge of MS Office applications, Trade Promotion Systems & Trade Optimization Systems.
- Ability to lead and develop a team of multiple direct and indirect reports.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Education and/or Experience:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Accounting, or equivalent experience/training.
- 10 years’ progressive Sales, Sales Operations, or Brand Management experience within the consumer products industry.
- Experience managing Trade Promotion Systems.
- Experience with Forecasting, IBP, or S&OP.
- 5 years’ leadership experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone along with reaching. Specific vision abilities include close vision requirements due to computer work. Moderate noise, ability to work in a confined area, and ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time are also included. Ability to effectively communicate and work in a dynamic environment.
The policy of The Krusteaz Company, is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital or military status, national origin, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.Get to know us:
Hybrid Work Model:
- A people-focused company that cares : We're a 90-year-old company with the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup and a focused eye on the future. As a midsized, privately-held company with a portfolio of beloved food and beverage brands, our people are the most important ingredient in our success.
- A valued and supported workforce : We place tremendous value in our employees and provide competitive pay and comprehensive benefits to ensure our employees can create the best life for themselves. Benefits include a top tier health insurance plan with lower than average employee cost share, generous PTO, 401(k) match, and more.
- An engaged and energized culture : At The Krusteaz Company, collaboration and ingenuity drive our fierce commitment to creating extraordinary product experiences that people love.
- A place to grow and make a difference: An entrepreneurial spirit has been at the core of our company since the beginning, attracting self-starters who are curious and love to learn and to share ideas.
At The Krusteaz Company, we have in-office "core days" of Tuesdays and Wednesdays where all corporate employees are expected to be onsite. Monday, Thursdays, and Fridays are flexible remote days to allow for work/life balance. You may be asked to come in outside of a core day from time to time, based on business needs. We have found aligning our scheduled in-office days provides opportunity for employees to build connections and collaborate together.Benefits:
We are proud to offer generous benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance (starting at $45/month for employee only coverage), 401(K) matching, Supplemental Savings Plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, company provided life insurance and disability insurance, flexible spending account and tuition reimbursement.Salary Information:
We hope you’ll take the time to get to know us!
- An employee in this position can expect a salary range between $175,503 and $289,561. We typically pay between $198,000 and $251,000. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including internal equity, experience, education, certification, training, and location. All positions are eligible for additional incentives based on business performance.