Ibotta is seeking aVice President of Sales Operations
to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
As the leader of a high performing Sales Operations Team, you will impact our sales productivity including planning, compensation, reporting, enablement, pricing and deal management of all sales processes. The pace is fast and rewarding as you will be solving the hardest problems in our products and processes, as we strive to bring Ibotta Savers the best possible content and deliver distinctive services to our advertiser clients.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado as a hybrid position, requiring 2 days in office. Preferred in-office hybrid days are Tuesday and Thursday. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Set the overarching Sales Operations strategy across the Sales Operations and Pricing& Deal Management functions, aligning priorities for Sales Process, Planning, Pricing, and Execution in partnership with Sales leaders.
- Lead sales analytics and sales compensation processes, including providing strategic leadership and tactical oversight to pipeline forecasting, territory planning, quota& compensation planning, and commissions payouts.
- Along with your leadership team, lead GTM strategy including training, sales strategy, positioning, etc.
- Work with the Sales leadership team and colleagues to enable, improve, and automate accurate business planning and territory management, pipeline forecasting, and methodology adoption to track sales results with periodic metrics/KPI reporting and insights.
- Advise CRM (SFDC) implementation and improvements from a business perspective, supporting the organization in realizing best practices to support effective use of the system for leadership and sales management to ensure timely and appropriate processes to enhance sales results.
- Report on current and future quarter’s pipeline across a variety of dimensions, utilizing insights from the data to advise sales leadership on performance management, staffing, and revenue management opportunities.
- Establish procedures and systems to ensure high quality, informative order processes, tracking, opportunity identification, quotations, expenses, invoicing and billing.
- Support sales teams’ tactical execution with consultative support for client proposals, including preparation of RFP responses, developing negotiation strategies and financial models.
- Set overarching Pricing strategy and advise and support Sales, Finance, and the Pricing Committee on the execution of Pricing and Deal Management.
- Drive business process adoption in partnership with sales leadership, ensuring the teams are working within the SFDC CRM management system.
- Work with multiple stakeholder partners, such as Product and Marketing, to ensure delivery and execution of go-to-market strategy, product development and sales are aligned with business revenue goals, contributing to the overall company strategy.
- Develop, propose and administer consistent global sales targets and strategies, policies, business goals working with HR& Legal to ensure support to both corporate needs and regional requirements.
- Lead cross-functional groups to implement effective sales training programs, to create energy and ensure resources are enabled and appropriately skilled to perform.
- Build a cohesive team culture, ensuring consistent focus on talent management, employee engagement, and development, addressing areas of concern where required, with impactful succession plans, internal and external best in class candidate hiring and selection.
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta's Core Values:Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency,& A good idea can come from anywhere.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years experience in Sales Operations, Sales and Pricing Strategy, Sales Enablement, Account Management, Sales, or other related fields
- 6+ years experience leading Sales Operations teams, managing multiple Director-level leaders simultaneously
- Bachelor’s required, MBA degree preferred
- Experience setting and managing compensation planning and performance reporting processes
- Experience partnering with, advising, and presenting to sales teams, leaders, and executives
- Experience leading pipeline management and progression reporting
- Knowledge and experience in pricing and deal reviews
- Technical Skills: Advanced Excel skills, Power BI/Tableau, Salesforce required. Basic knowledge of Xactly, Performio, and other related tools a plus
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta, Inc. ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter& Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1.25B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, and equity.Denver office perks include paid parking, bagel Thursdays, snacks and occasional meals.
- Base compensation range:$210,000-$250,000.This compensation range is specific to the United States labor market and may be adjusted based on actual experience. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.