At SeaWorld, we're passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we've already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We're seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals to become our Ambassadors. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!
Department account executive, with active account base, responsible for producing the business plans for teams. Maintaining & reconciling budgets. Responsible for admissions, ancillary products, catering and event revenue from business segments with highest possible ROI for San Diego Parks. Leads team to promote & maximize sales in assigned territories, servicing accounts and ensuring high customer satisfaction, and positive long-term relationships. Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
- Responsible for analyzing assigned markets, making strategic recommendation and implementing business development plans.
- Responsible for selling and promoting SWC and Sesame Place San Diego via applicable sales channels, as well as developing and executing new sales programs and marketing initiatives with existing and new clients.
- Call on perspective businesses and established customers; attend sales meetings and conventions to sell products and special events.
- Organize, prepare and execute sales blitzes for trade and consumers.
- Establish, create, maintain, and track client base by gathering leads and information on businesses and organizations.
- Supervise sales team in attaining maximum sales from potential markets and in meeting the goals of the company.
- Develop, maintain, and track personal and team’s sales goals and budgets.
- Develop and monitor personal sales programs.
- Lead as required on assigned projects.
- Responsible for sales collateral development through the Brand team.
- Sales channel advertising responsibility.
- Sales channel “earned” exposure through key accounts.
- Sales Channel Training & Implementation - EZ Ticket integration and training.
- Manages sales tool(s) and campaign development for assigned markets.
- Position responsible for sales operations as needed.
- Ensure reservation staff is well versed in all aspects of San Diego Park offerings by conducting trainings and Familiarization Tour of the park (FAMs).
- Must have at least 5 years of sales, marketing, and hospitality experience or combination of education and experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, industry sales or related business field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles.
- Must have previous Sales training
- Must be able to work with a variety of internal and external partners to achieve regional park goals.
- Must have strong knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook).
- Must be available to travel as required.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Must have marketing strategy background along with proven inside and outside sales experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral), with the ability to convey important ideas and concepts to senior management, top executives from key accounts, and hospitality industry leadership in group settings and able to adapt communication style to a number of different audiences.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple complex projects to completions while seizing emerging opportunities.
- Must be able to work with various departments and within varying organizational structures to achieve common goals.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines.
- Must be an enthusiastic, confident performer and team player with the ability and passion to work in a demanding environment.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team selling environment.
- Must prepare and update a sales action plan indicating all future efforts, goals and objectives.
Must be available to work Monday – Friday, early mornings, late evenings and some weekends.
- Compensation Range - $70,000 - $80,000k Annually
Starting Base Pay
The Perks Of The Position
- Paid Time Off
- Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
SEAWORLD PARKS & ENTERTAINMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, PREGNANCY, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, DISABILITY OR COVERED VETERAN STATUS.