Our client is a licensed contract carrier and property broker as defined by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and the United States Department of Transportation. They are headquartered in Union, Mississippi with offices in California and various other locations throughout the United States. The company has an impeccably maintained late model fleet of tractors and trailers equipped with GPS tracking and California Air Resources Board compliant devices. This company provides refrigerated and dry truckload and LTL services specializing in perishable “just in time” shipments. With over 100 years combined experience in the industry, their team of drivers and dispatchers will help you get your freight picked up safely and on time, every time.
Freight Broker Sales Executive
The Freight Broker Sales Executive is responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers and carriers within the shipping community. The ideal Sales Executive thrives in a fast-paced environment and has knowledge of and experience with perishable and/or dry commodities.
- Identify business opportunities and cultivate professional working relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Analyze market data and maintain awareness of industry trends to competitively cross-sell the company’s suite of products and services.
- Quote shipments, negotiate rates, and arrange for freight transportation using the services of authorized carriers and the company’s in-house fleet.
- Generate profitable sales in both new and existing accounts to meet KPIs and exceed revenue goals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic sales plans.
- Capitalize on value-creation opportunities by working closely with the sales and operations management team to develop creative workable solutions for customer needs.
- Monitor truck movements and collaborate with Transportation Coordinators to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Accurately complete file maintenance and documentation from the beginning of each load until delivery and payment reconciliation.
- Review credit limits and terms extended to clients and prepare bills of lading and other necessary paperwork for all freight movement.
- Resolve client and carrier conflicts (including investigation, reporting of claims, etc.) and provide follow-up customer satisfaction as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in the Logistics/Transportation industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and sales concepts, methods, and techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, and give formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Cognizant of domestic regulatory compliance laws and regulations related to the Logistics and Transportation industry.
- Basic knowledge of business financial principles including P&L’s, budgets, payroll, financial reporting, and expense control.
- Thorough understanding of load boards such as DAT 360 and Internet Truckstop, and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving, & decision-making skills.
- Possesses a knack for time management and ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Temperature-controlled, Refrigerated Production, Refrigerated Storage, Refrigerated Distribution, Temperature Range, Frozen, Shelf Life, Fresh, Cool Cargo, Cargo, Perishable, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, cradle to grave, cradle-to-grave, C2G, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC