Head of Revenue Operations
Chief Revenue Officer
Austin, TX (hybrid, connecting to our ATX office) or Remote (US)
If you’ve been searching for a career with a company that values creativity, innovation, and teamwork, consider this your ticket to ride.
CharterUP is on a mission to shake up the fragmented $15 billion charter bus industry by offering the first online marketplace that connects customers to a network of more than 600 bus operators from coast to coast. Our revolutionary platform makes it possible to book a bus in just 60 seconds – eliminating the stress and hassle of coordinating group transportation for anyone from wedding parties to Fortune 500 companies. We’re introducing transparency, accountability, and accessibility to an industry as archaic as phone books. By delivering real-time availability and pricing, customers can use the CharterUP marketplace to easily compare quotes, vehicles, safety records, and reviews.
We're seeking team members who are revved up and ready to use technology to make a positive impact. As part of the CharterUP team, you'll work alongside some of the brightest minds in the technology and transportation industries. You'll help drive the future of group travel and help raise the bar for service standards in the industry, so customers can always ride with confidence.
But we're not just about getting from point A to point B – CharterUP is also committed to sustainability. By promoting group travel, we can significantly reduce carbon emissions and help steer our planet toward a greener future. In 2022 alone, we eliminated over 1 billion miles worth of carbon emissions with 25 million miles driven.
CharterUP is looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our team and help steer us toward a better future for group transportation. On the heels of a $60 million Series A funding round, we’re ready to kick our growth into overdrive – and we want you to be part of the ride.
About This Role
CharterUP is seeking a Head of Revenue Operations
who will leverage data and generate deep customer insight in order to enhance the sales and marketing team’s productivity and effectiveness. This role will work collaboratively with our Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations teams, and will implement best in class processes and systems to help us optimize our sales effectiveness and achieve growth. This is a key role within the sales organization that will enable us to maintain a competitive edge and achieve consistent, sustainable sales success.
- Partner with sales and marketing leadership to increase sales efficiency via improvements in process, training, tools and technology. Facilitate successful implementation of new programs and system enhancements throughout the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined and efficient sales process is in place.
- Collaborate with leadership to build, implement and track quarterly OKRs, create QBRs, and manage the operational cadence of the sales organization
- Develop and manage an integrated sales forecasting process and sales operating plan.
- Work closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements required to ensure sales organization success. Align reporting, training, & incentive programs with these metrics. Create & foster a metrics-driven culture that ensures a high performing sales team.
- Maintain and constantly evaluate territories, account & lead assignments, quotas, and comp plans to keep the sales team aligned with broader company objectives.
- Implement and optimize sales and marketing systems, including Salesforce.
- Oversee development and enhancements to our sales enablement framework. Ensure alignment with sales methodology and the core skills needed across roles to improve sales productivity.
Experience And Expertise
- BS in Business, Marketing or Sales-related field.
- 3-5 years of management consulting experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales operations/revenue operations and working with sales teams to build strategy, management, and execution-based programs.
- Experience developing sales training and enablement programs, and familiarity with best in class sales methodologies such as Meddic and Sandler.
- Experience implementing and optimizing sales tools, including Salesforce.
- Highly proficient at analytical thinking, MS Excel and tools-based analysis, structured thinking and writing, and problem solving.
- Strong understanding of sales process design and related outcomes.
- Step 1: Video interview with Talent Acquisition + brief (12 min) online assessment (Wonderlic)
- Step 2: Video interview with Hiring Manager
- Step 3: Quantitative Reasoning Interview with Talent Acquisition
- Step 4: Video interviews with Team
- Step 5: Offer! Welcome aboard!
At CharterUP, we don’t compromise on quality. We hire smart, high-energy, trustworthy people and keep them as motivated and happy as possible. We do that by adhering to our principles, which are:
- We always think about how our decisions will impact our clients; earning and keeping customer trust is our top priority
- We are not afraid of short-term pain for long-term customer benefit
Create an Environment for Exceptional People
- We foster intellectual curiosity
- We identify top performers, mentor them, and empower them to achieve
- Every hire and promotion will have a higher standard
Everyone is an Entrepreneur / Owner
- No team member is defined by their function or job title; no job is beneath anyone
- We do more with less; we are scrappy and inventive
- We think long-term
Relentlessly High Standards
- We reject the status quo; we constantly innovate and question established routines
- We are not afraid to be wrong; the best idea wins
- We don’t compromise on quality
Clarity & Speed
- When in doubt, we act; we can always change course
- We focus on the key drivers that will deliver the most results
Mandate to Dissent & Commit
- We are confident in expressing our opinions; it is our obligation to express our disagreement
- Once we decide, we enthusiastically move together in the agreed-upon direction
CharterUP is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.