Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Strategic Customer Group (SCG) Senior Deal Desk Analyst. The position will be in Raynham, MA; West Chester, PA; Warsaw, IN; Raritan, NJ; or Cincinnati, OH.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently $25 billion in World Wide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
Contract Strategy, Pricing, and Administration (CSP&A) is responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the JJMD Strategic Customer Group (SCG). CSP&A includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Deal Desk team works in close collaboration with Field Sales, Account Management, Contract Strategy, Contract Administration, and other partners such as Legal, Finance, Health Care Compliance, Government Compliance, etc. to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer.
The Senior Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for developing offers, including products, pricing, compliance requirements, and financial T&Cs for customers in Medical Devices. S/he will serve as the subject matter expert for the business represented and will partner closely with the Deal Desk Manager/Directors, Contracting Directors, Pricing Managers, and other Deal Desk Analysts to develop the most appropriate offers and scenarios to serve our customers and uphold our strategies. The Senior Analysts will shift focus between strategic partnerships involving the development of complex, innovative deal structures and enforcing a narrower set of options for less strategic customers. S/he is also responsible for coaching, mentoring, and developing Quoting Analysts on internal processes and strategies and the use of analytical tools.
The primary objectives of the Deal Desk are to:
1) Protect the margins of the business by taking a holistic view of the levers that affect profitability including products, prices, solutions and T&Cs
2) Better align the offers we submit with the needs of the customer segment and the strategies of the business
3) Reduce time spent by Field Sales on contract development to enhance focus on customers
4) Improve our Customers’ experience
- Drive the development of detailed offers leveraging product expertise, business acumen, and professional judgment while adhering to contracting strategies and price matrices
- Develop rigorous, error-proof offers and analysis, maintaining high attention to detail while still seeing the emerging patterns, trends, and insights across offers
- Display a high degree of ownership for the quality of the offer and the fit with our strategic and financial objectives
- Identify areas for improvement within systems, processes, and interactions. Surface and provide recommendations regularly to management to support our objective for continuous improvement
- Take an active role in developing and improving training materials and SOPs
- Maintain appropriate documentation in accordance with SOX 404 Requirements
- Coach/mentor developing Quoting Analysts to strengthen their skillset and improve the quality of their work
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required.
- A concentration in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, or Data Analytics is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience with at least 3 years in Contract Management, Finance, Pricing, Operations, Logistics, or another related field is required.
- Experience working in Healthcare, Life Sciences, or the Financial Services industry is preferred.
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs•Strong desire to meet/exceed expectations•Experience with special project ownership and management within offer development is preferred.
- High Proficiency in MS Excel with experience extracting significant detailed data sets from various sources, concatenating, and analyzing is required.
- Experience in customer price benchmarking is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with experience performing or assisting in complex and comprehensive analytics is required.
- The ability to toggle between the big picture and attention to detail is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, with the ability to make the complex simple when explaining complex analytical findings to non-analytical business partners.
- The ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders is required.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple concurrent deliverables for different end users is required.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.