Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :13810
Employment Type :
Job Category :
Job Grade :
Work Location :
Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province :
North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location :
Brief Position Summary
This position will be responsible for making appropriate recommendations through analytical reporting that will support the needs of the business and positively impact the operational effectiveness of the team. The Deal Desk Pricing Analyst will utilize analytical results to make recommendations to best optimize customer programs and ensure profitability.
DUTIES And RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts and coordinates financial, market, operational and related research to support strategic pricing, discounting and overall guidance for the large account sales team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, at various levels within MSC, the results, guidance and strategies associated with the analysis.
- Interpret and evaluate research data in order to determine how to incorporate this within a customer pricing model.
- Prepares analytical models to evaluate strategic pricing decisions.
- Analyze customer buying patterns and compare to similar industry segments in order to optimize customer programs.
- Provide direct analytical support to the Large Account Sales Team to help identify areas for optimization and enhancements within a customer program.
- Works with Sales Management to incorporate trends, best practices and successes as it relates to customer pricing models and optimum customer gross margin programs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of solutions to maximize sales and profitability improvement through large customer opportunities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of pricing standards for large customers.
- Recommends strategies to management and develops business plans using the understanding of MSC’s operational structure and functions.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission. Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION And EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with at least 3 years’ experience in an analytical role with one or more of the following disciplines; financial analysis, business strategies or sales required.
- Definitive analytical ability is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience leading teams is required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software is required.
- AS400 Knowledge and proficiency in internal RFQ tools is required after training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management required.
- Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required
Compensation starting at $61250 – $87500 / year and up dependent on candidate location and experience.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE