Cloudinary was founded in 2012 to solve a simple problem: making it an easy platform to manage images & videos.
Over the years we evolved into a $120 million+ annual recurring revenue business serving 10,000 companies across industries – from the smallest Shopify stores to iconic brands like Nike and other world wide companies.
Cloudinary is now the foundational technology for all images and videos on the internet. Only we provide robust, flexible, and intelligent solutions for every business in the world to harness the power of visual media to tell its story. And as a single source of truth for brands’ image and video needs, we also provide a comprehensive array of APIs and integrations to transform every brand into a masterful visual storyteller.
If images and video are the electricity powering the new digital world, Cloudinary is the power grid: enabling anyone to easily plug in and “light up” their business with high-impact visual media, without worrying about the science behind the electrical current.
We are looking for a Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) to join our executive team. This is a unique opportunity to own and implement a broader perspective on revenue generation beyond just the sales function.
As the Chief Revenue Officer, you will be responsible for revenue and strategic initiatives to maximize our company's new & growing business in a multi-product go-to-market environment. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our revenue intelligence, enabling customer success, and managing high-performing sales and demand generation teams.
- Connecting all facets of Revenue for Cloudinary, your primary objective will be to accelerate revenue growth and achieve our annual targets. The detailed list is below:
Revenue Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute comprehensive revenue generation strategies in alignment with the company's vision and goals to encompass all customer-facing functions
- Responsible for aligning and optimizing revenue-related activities across different departments, including sales, marketing, customer success, and sometimes even product or operations
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluate existing potential revenue streams to diversify and expand our customer base
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to inform pricing strategies, product positioning, and go-to-market plans.
New & Growth Business Leadership:
- Lead and inspire the sales and channels revenue teams, setting clear revenue targets and driving performance to exceed goals
- Implement effective sales methodologies, enablement programs, processes, and performance metrics to optimize the sales pipeline and ensure
- Foster a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and accountability within the sales organization.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute demand-generation strategies that drive lead generation and brand awareness
- Align marketing efforts with sales objectives to ensure efficient lead qualification and conversion
- Leverage data-driven insights and analytics to measure marketing performance and optimize marketing campaigns.
Revenue Forecasting and Reporting:
- Develop and manage accurate revenue forecasting models, providing regular reports and analysis to the executive team and board of directors
- Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess revenue growth, sales effectiveness, and market penetration
- Identify areas of improvement and implement corrective measures to achieve revenue targets.
Customer Journey & Success:
- Oversees the entire customer journey, from lead generation and acquisition to retention and expansion
- Work closely with the customer success team to understand customer needs, identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities, and drive expansion revenue
- Monitor customer feedback and market trends to inform product enhancements and improvements.
- Must have proven experience as a Chief Revenue Officer in a multi-product $150M+ revenue SaaS company
- Demonstrated track record in the executive leadership role of driving revenue growth and exceeding targets in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models, sales strategies, and customer lifecycle management
- Showcase success in developing strategic thinking organizations, with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Analytical mindset with a data-driven approach to decision-making and a focus on continuous improvement.
Cloudinary is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing a diverse workforce.