The Deal Desk is an organization of ~300 employees worldwide. Our primary goal is to drive growth and profit by structuring winning commercial deals. We look at deal concessions as levers to meet customers’ needs, and we strive to bring a balanced view to individual deals by weighing short-term needs and long-term strategic goals. We have expertise in deal structuring, licensing, pricing, investments, custom Terms & Conditions and deal storytelling, across the entire portfolio of commercial offerings, Consulting and Support services.
Deal Desk Excellence is the central global team focused on enabling the organization to win deals, drive strategy and protect Microsoft, through strong partnerships and governance. We are a deeply connected team, partnering with business planning, product marketing, Finance, Sales Leaders, Legal, Operations and other stakeholders across Corp and subsidiaries.
We are looking for a Deal Desk Manager. The type of leader who embodies Microsoft’s model, coach, care approach to people management. Is a strategic thinker and problem solver to drive deal solutions to compete and optimize across the entire portfolio of products, services and investments. To be successful in this role you need to be a leader who can drive deal making strategies to be competitive, grow revenue and profitability, and can influence strategy by collaborating across business planning, marketing, finance, licensing, legal and sales.
We look forward to hearing from you!Responsibilities
- Attract, retain, and develop a high performing Deal Making Central team.
- Support the creation of an inclusive culture where your team can operate as their authentic selves.
- Lead and evolve deal making insights across our portfolio of commercial products and services.
- Develop increased knowledge and resources for Deal Desk to win deals with agility.
- Identify and drive improvements for pricing, licensing, empowerment and processes.
- Support deal consultations with depth expertise on offerings, pricing strategy, compete, empowerment and operational considerations for winning deals.
- Collaborate closely with the Deal Desk Leadership Team and the Regional and Central teams, to drive the desired outcomes.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 6+ years work experience in program management, process management, process improvement
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years management (e.g., people, project, process, vendor, change) experience
- 5+ years of deal making, solution sales, product management, strategy consulting, finance, business/corporate development, or related experience
- A track record of working across diverse stakeholders to define and execute strategic initiatives with passion, precision, and excellence.
- Analytical problem-solving skills and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to drive data-driven decisions.
- Business judgement leveraging strong strategic thinking complemented with a bias for action and execution/operational excellence.
- Communication and leadership skills to drive projects and build executive buy-in and support for key initiatives.
- Experience working across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Empathy to create an inclusive and supportive team culture
Business Program Management M5 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,200 - $194,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $142,200 - $213,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.