Who We Are
We, at Staples Professional, provide our business customers with a deep professional expertise when it comes to Business Essentials, Furniture, Facilities, Technology, Print/Promo, and Pack and Ship, as well as next-day delivery service and customized solutions for ordering, billing and reporting. We are part of the Staples umbrella in Canada, and as such we are a true multi-channel solution provider – online, at our customers place of business and in-store, for all our customers needs. We are looking for people who are curious, passionate and put the customer first.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Professional is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some Of What You Will Do
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Sales Operations and Customer Service, the Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence & Sales Operations will develop and execute the strategy, priorities, and direction of our recently formed team. Lead the design and execution of best-in-class dashboards and scorecards to bring on-time, accurate visibility across all team in Staples Professional.
Supporting multiple functions, (sales, customer service, marketing, supply chain & senior leadership), in Staples Professional and across Staples Canada, the candidate will enable data-driven decision making which will be used to answer key relevant questions about business performance, drive sales growth, expand lines of business and improve profitability across small to enterprise-sized accounts. The individual will be a hands-on leader, working with their teams to visualize data which will tell compelling stories, creating a bias for action. They will lead BI, Data Governance and CRM projects, in support of analytics- and CRM-product roadmaps.
We are on a Next-Generation Sales and Customer Service 3-year journey where new technology and processes, powered by AI/ML, will accelerate our go-to market strategy, and supercharge our B2B customer experience. This is a highly visible role that requires being able to link analytics to business implications to form actionable, high-impact recommendations that drive revenue growth & reduce seller friction. A strong understanding of a sales-led SaaS model - both motions and metrics - is key.
To be their authentic self each day, they thrive on leading change, collaborating across teams, inspiring people, are highly motivated and are a die-hard for analytics. The work environment is ever-changing, and agile so the ideal candidate would demonstrate resiliency, prioritization, and be passionate about the customer experience.
Specifically, You Will
BI Intelligence & Data Governance - 60%
Sales Operations - 40%
- Develop short-, medium-, and long-term plans to achieve strategic, business performance and operational objectives; Building and maintaining scorecards, dashboards that can be leveraged across Staples Professional and Staples Canada.
- Partner with key stakeholders to address their unique needs to drive performance and support exploring ‘how-to’ best utilize data to achieve outcomes.
- Selection of the right KPIs for new initiatives
- Storytelling of the data after launch
- Act as a leader in data governance to ensure metrics are consistent across Staples Professional to ensure confidence and integrity in data. Key partners include Finance, Data Science, IT, and Sales Leadership.
- Working with the Data Science team, leverage unified 360 view of customers to deliver customer health reporting, insights, and drive a customer data narrative across all aspects of Staples Professional
- Leverage the relationship with technology and SaaS vendors to bring thought-leaders and best- practice into Staples Professional
- Collaborate with the CRM Centre of Excellence, IT, 3rd party Integrators and software vendors to lead, develop and design the SFDC, sales ops and other sales enablement tools roadmap.
- Facilitate alignment and collaboration across sales, pricing, sales enablement, and marketing, to directly affect Staples Professional’s revenue and customer experience. \
- Responsible for technical activities, enablement and user adoption associated with Staples Professional’s day-to-day sales & service tools: SFDC, HighSpot etc. Measure, monitor and improve tool utilization.
- Build-out automated process flows and seller motions to maximize revenue and penetration potential of markets (white space, adjacent products, new business)
- Motivate, mentor, and ensure your direct team has the right tools, processes, and principles in place to deliver work that is on time and to support partner needs
- Lead a continuous learning environment with respect to utilizing the latest methodologies, technologies, and illustrative best practices to tell stories which can drive business decisions
- Develop a community where associates are energized, with an ownership mindset, that enable each other to be better every day, and extend that support across all teams.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.
Some Of What You Need
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or the equivalent relevant working experience
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science or similar fields
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, CRM product ownership, reporting, analytics or data management
- Powerful business acumen, with ability to put data in the context of a customer problem and know where to look for answers that go beyond the data.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques (Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc.).
- Expert oral and written communication skills; senior executive to sales manager level
- Proficient in SQL and experience with big data sets in a cloud environment
- Experience with MS Office (Excel and Power point)
- Proven skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, communication and decision-making
- Deep understanding of customer success principles, approaches and considerations with ability to share this understanding with others
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Quickly learn, synthesize and simplify information for other's consumption
- Work on multiple, simultaneous programs that require both strategic thinking as well as high-speed tactical execution
- Strong Business to business (B2B) knowledge an asset
- 5 Years in Business Intelligence
Some Of What You Will Get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...