Lead call center and telesales operations for a team helping older Americans, their families and caregivers choose insurance plans, activate their benefits, save money, and get the year round support they need to live healthier lives
In today's complex healthcare landscape, accessing quality healthcare can be a complex, daunting and costly task. At Keen, we are looking for individuals who share a passion for transforming the healthcare industry. We are hiring a telesales operations leader to oversee the management of a complex 100% virtual telesales call center environment. In this role, you will partner with the leadership team, initially reporting to the CEO, to ensure this environment is used optimally to drive sales and support members optimally aligned with the Company's strategic objectives. The approximate call mix is 50% inbound sales, 35% outbound support, and 15% outbound sales, varying based on the time of year. We serve all 50 states and cover the national spectrum of time zones. You will actively plan, monitor, and make real time adjustments to sales and support operations on a daily basis to ensure efficiency and productivity.
Throughout the year, we are committed to supporting our members, leveraging our technology and dedicating the necessary time to get things right. During the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) from October 15th to December 7th, we come together as a team, often working long hours, to assist members in finding the right health coverage. Beyond the AEP, our team also focuses on ongoing member engagement activities such as activating their benefits, providing guidance on accessing healthcare services, and enrolling eligible beneficiaries in plans.
This is a full-time position with growth opportunities. This is a remote position with <20% travel.
At Keen, our mission is to assist older Americans with their insurance needs, ensuring they receive the best coverage and save money along the way. We are building a collaborative work environment that values learning, experimentation, and personal growth.
We put our members' interests first always, and build lifetime relationships by being a trusted source of expertise. We are independent, helping members select from all available plan options in a market. Our compensation system is designed to prioritize doing what's right for our members, ensuring their satisfaction. As a result, members love our service. 95% of our members rate us 10 out of 10. We have saved members an average of $400 / year on their basic health insurance costs and have unlocked even more value by activating their supplemental benefits.
As we continue to expand our team, you have the opportunity to contribute to our culture and processes. Join us today and be part of a team that is making a difference in people's lives through insurance assistance and cost savings.
Learn more about Keen at choosekeen.com.
What you will do
The Keen Telesales Operations Manager is the "air traffic controller" for our virtual call center, which is at the heart of how we serve our members. In this role, you will:
- Maximize the daily throughput of the call center by monitoring its continuous function using relevant tools, then identifying and executing real-time operational adjustments to ensure we are optimizing for sales, retention, and member satisfaction
- Develop daily demand forecasts based on timing of organic and marketing driven customer inbound activity
- Deeply understand daily Advisor capacity, and identify needs to adjust Advisor scheduling and or marketing demand drivers to optimize for matching of supply and demand
- Manage metrics, performance criteria, policies and procedures to improve call center productivity continuously.
- Drive key performance metrics such as service level, abandonment rate, average handle time, and first call resolution.
- Use dashboards and analytics for effective resource planning and to maximize team efficiency
- Drive a culture of accountability, continuous improvement, and personal excellence.
- Identify and lead development and improvement of tools, dashboard, and reports required to provide further insights into telesales operations.
- Implement, manage and support the call center platform and integrated applications
- Develop and implement strategies to improve call center efficiency, and customer experience
- Develop Advisor call quality scoring rubric and set quality target
- Help Product team select and implement sales AI quality and trend platform
- Respond to business needs through continuous quality improvement, streamline workflows and change processes to improve sales effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements related to call center operations
- Review existing sales processes and identify potential opportunities for efficiency improvements (e.g., process redesign)
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the call center platform and related applications and systems
- Provide technical expertise and support for troubleshooting and resolving complex issues related to the call center
- Help to build and grow the Keen organization. Since we're a young company, we're excited for people who want to help shape who we are and how we work in this role.
What you will need
Successful candidates will have:
- 3-5+ years experience managing a telesales call center environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues
- Comfortable working with data and reviewing analyses to make appropriate recommendations
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Highly organized, enjoy working with people, and possess a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of call center best practices, metrics, and KPIs, and how to use these to improve performance
- Familiarity with setting up, managing, and optimizing call queues and IVR menus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business or related field
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
Strongly preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with telesales of Medicare and/or other lines of insurance
- Experience with Salesforce and RingCentral
- Startup experience
There are many different types of people who will thrive at Keen. You'll likely love what we're doing if you:
- Are an effective, transparent, patient and compassionate communicator
- Love thinking strategically and staying organized
- Work well with the leadership team to help build our business together
- Are inspired to be part of a bigger mission
- $75,000.00-$100,000.00 per year based on candidate's qualifications, skills and competencies, experience, and location
- Ownership in Keen, in the form of stock options, equity, or similar
- Health, Dental, Vision coverage
- 24/7 Virtual Care with Teladoc
- 24/7 Health Advocate service and Employee Assistance Program to support mental health and a balanced lifestyle
CONTINGENCIES. All employment offers will be subject to the following contingencies: All candidates will be subject to a background check, including but not limited to criteria as set forth by the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) related to federal, state, and local healthcare program Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA), sanctions, criminal history, etc. All new hires will be required to sign the Company's standard employee handbook, as well as the Company's standard confidentiality / proprietary information / invention assignment agreement, and commission assignment agreement.
ACCOMMODATIONS. If you require a disability or religious accommodation to participate in any aspect of Keen's recruiting process or to meet any qualification or expectation described herein, you may send a confidential request directly to email@example.com.
SECURITY. Keen will never ask you to provide sensitive personal information as part of the recruiting process, such as your social security number; send you any unsolicited job offers or employment contracts; require any online access fees or payments or access to any financial accounts; and/or conduct text-only interviews.
If you suspect you are being scammed or have been scammed online, you may report the crime to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and obtain more information regarding online scams at the Federal Trade Commission.
If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of any communication sent purportedly by on or behalf of Keen, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org