VANRATH has partnered with a leading Timber Processor to hire a Sales Operations and Data Analysis Manager. The team is expanding due to continued growth and investment in the UK and Ireland, in the past 2 years, turnover has doubled and the headcount has increased to over 900 employees.
Reporting to the Head of Group Sales, this is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic sales team and have ownership of the operations of the sales process and sales analysis across the company in the delivery of the sales strategy. As a critical member of the sales management team, this person will act as a support role to the Head of Group Sales. The role is a critical point of contact between Sales and Operations ensuring plans are aligned to deliver high-quality customer service. The successful candidate will lead and own the centralised operation of our ERP system including maintaining group-wide pricing and CRM adoption across the entire sales team. They will be required to frequently travel in the UK and Ireland to support sales process implementation.
- Manage the interfaces between sales and operations across all sites to ensure that production and sales plans are aligned.
- Work closely with key Production and Log Procurement teams to ensure production schedules maximise sales, yield and profits.
- Produce and develop group weekly, monthly and quarterly sales performance reports.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills in the interpretation of sales process data.
- Manage and optimise the group-wide sales process to enable data-driven performance.
- Focus on removing bottlenecks and driving automation and process improvements.
- Create a sales operations plan aligning our services with the customer’s journey.
- Ensure all invoicing, pricing, and customer terms are maintained and optimised.
- Own the ERP/CRM sales administration and set up, ensure the sales team maintain customer data.
- Consistently try to simplify workflows and communication via our ERP/CRM.
- Develop the required sales technology stack that includes sales tools and workflows to enable the delivery of the Group sales strategy.
- Ensure the sales process evolves to meet the needs of the business as it grows.
The Ideal Person:
As a senior member of the sales team, this position would suit a strongly analytical individual with an ability to critically look at performance data and draw constructive conclusions about process improvements and efficiencies to improve the sales team performance.
A business degree or relevant equivalent qualification is required, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in business analytics or managing ERP/CRM systems. An in-depth knowledge and experience of ERP and/or CRM systems is essential and experience of sales in the B2B sector would be an advantage.
This position may suit a finance / qualified/part qualified accountant with strong analytical skills.