Highly reputable manufacturer is seeking a Sales Director to lead and manage the sales efforts for the organization.
General Summary: Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
- Oversee sales management teams and indirect staff
- Determine price schedules and discount rates
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs
- Direct, coordinate, and review sales and service accounting and record-keeping, as well as receiving and shipping
- Direct staff to keep records of export correspondence, bid requests, and credit collections, and to maintain current information on tariffs, licenses, and restrictions.
- Advise dealers and distributors on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business.
- Confer or consult with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs, and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Assess marketing potential of new and existing store locations, considering statistics and expenditures.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Bachelors/Master's degree preferred
- 7-10 years' experience managing Sales teams for large equipment manufactuers
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to influence, lead, manage and effectively produce while creating good partnerships within the organization and customer base
- Must be willing to work hybrid office/plant/home setting
- Relocation assistance is available
- Full-time, regular position with base, bonus, benefits
- No third party agency submittals accepted
- No sponsorships available
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Raleigh-Durham, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person