The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers – and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency. We are proud of the culture we have built. We value the unique experiences and perspectives that each person brings to The Trade Desk, and we are committed to fostering inclusive spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
So, if you are talented, driven, creative, and eager to join a dynamic, globally-connected team, then we want to talk!
Reporting to the Director, Deal Desk, who is based in our Ventura, CA office, the Deal Desk Manager will be an integral part of the Global Finance Deal Desk with a focus on offering guidance to drive deal execution while complying with company policies and procedures and ensuring consistency to manage risk.
This position will partner and collaborate with Sales, Commercial Operations, Legal, Revenue Accounting and FP&A teams on proposed deals with a focus on ensuring that the organization is getting the best possible return on investment and that deals are in line with organizational strategy and internal policies.
This is our first open role in New York under this function and provides an exciting opportunity to expand our team's reach and accessibility to better support the business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Establish and manage the day-to-day operations of Global Deal Desk supporting Business Development (“BD”) in deal structuring, margin analysis, special pricing, accounting and operational impacts, approvals and troubleshooting of deal issues.
- Act as a primary point of escalation for worldwide deal related matters, advising on alternative contract options and/or deal structures and value propositioning to help drive deal closure, and approving exceptions as necessary.
- Consult with Accounting and Legal on non-standard deal terms. Identify any areas of concern and assist in navigating revenue recognition and legal considerations.
- Work closely with BD and Commercial Operations teams to collaborate on deal strategy, provide visibility into process and progress, and quickly execute deals that are in the pipeline.
- Work closely with FP&A to establish forecasting risk and deal impact to the bottom line.
- Establish relationships with BD Leadership worldwide acting as a trusted advisor to proactively review complex and/or strategic deals in the pipeline to accelerate deal closure through early engagement and removal of downstream friction.
- Collaborate with Commercial Operations to facilitate the review of strategic deals in order to streamline the dealmaking process. Identify the points of controversy clearly and concisely for decision makers to execute.
- Build and provide ongoing recommendations regarding operational best practices on pricing policies, deal mechanics, etc. through well-organized documentation.
- Participate in efforts to revamp and optimize Deal Desk onboarding and training/enablement programs.
- Work independently on projects and apply judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 6+ years of experience, preferably deal desk, sales operations, finance, or similarly related role within a technology company
- Experience managing tasks in a rapidly changing and complex environment, involving daily interaction with multiple levels of management and peers
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of ASC 606 accounting standard and its application within a technology company.
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills. Must be able summarize and present complex revenue transactions to cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated skills for developing standard operating procedures, processes, policies, and building a culture which strives for continuous improvement.
- Work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce, DocuSign, Incorta, JIRA is a plus.
Our Compensation and Benefits ( for NY, CO, CA, and WA residents only)
At the Trade Desk, Base Salary is one part of our competitive total compensation and benefits package and is determined using a salary range. The base salary range for this role is
In accordance with NY, CO, CA, and WA law, the range provided is The Trade Desk's reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount may differ based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and location. All employees may be eligible to become The Trade Desk shareholders through eligibility for stock-based compensation grants, which are awarded to employees based on company and individual performance. The Trade Desk also offers other compensation depending on the role such as sales-based incentives and commissions. Plus, expected benefits for this role include comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) with premiums paid in full for employees and dependents, retirement benefits such as a 401k plan and company match, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, well-being benefits, reimbursement for certain tuition expenses, parental leave, sick time of 1 hour per 30 hours worked, vacation time for full time employees up to 120 hours thru the first year and 160 hours thereafter, and around 13 paid holidays per year. Employees can also purchase The Trade Desk stock at a discount through The Trade Desk’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
The Trade Desk also offers a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
Note: Interns are not eligible for variable incentive awards such as stock-based compensation, retirement plan, vacation, tuition reimbursement or parental leave.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.