ALPLA North America is looking for a Regional VP of Sales to oversee the Sales organization for NA along with building a strong team that supports the Strategic Business Growth. The Regional VP of Sales is highly strategic and commercially savvy and has the ability to work with the executive team to provide feedback on variety of topics including and not limited to Company Strategy and Performance, Culture and Talent Advancement.
ALPLA is a global family-owned, privately held company that makes innovative, customized, recycled packaging for top companies such as P&G, Unilever, L'Oréal, Pepsi, Henkel, Chobani and more. ALPLA values their employees, work-life balance, personal growth, compensation and sustainability.
*Please note, Plastics or Packaging experience is required for this role.
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY DOING
- Provides leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals
- Member of the Leadership Team, reports to the MD ALPLA NOAM
- In charge of all sales activities and personnel involved in Sales and Marketing for the Company
- Seeks out and targets new customers and new sales opportunities, initiates action plan to approach and secure new business for ALPLA in North America
- Identifies market opportunities, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses In charge of Customer Service activities in the following areas:
- Price updates and adjustments
- Contract review/negotiation
- Price quotations
- Overall customer relationship
- Maintains, together with MD, the Strategic Sales Plan
- Establishes performance goals for all sales department employees, based on the Strategic Sales Plan, and monitors performance on a continual basis
- Analyze sales statistics to determine business growth potential and budget conformance
- Oversees recruiting, selection, and dismissal of Sales and Marketing personnel
- Coordinates sales operations with all other departments of the Company
- Responsible for the annual Sales Budgeting Process, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Develop Regional strategy and sales execution plans.
- Meet/ Exceed sales objectives while maintaining an assigned expense budget.
- Identify, coach, motivate and lead a team of Sales and BU leaders to drive business and people targets.
- Focus on achieving people metrics goals with long term People Strategy for the Region.
- Lead change initiatives effectively ensuring ongoing communication with frontline employees and managers and ensuring ongoing inputs.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- MBA is highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales management capacity in the rigid plastics packaging industry
- 10+ years sales leadership experience with an established track record of leading and influencing large multi-level teams.
- Strong motivational, innovative, and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word)
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills Ability to present effectively to key customer decision makers
- Ability to work independently toward a common team goal
- High energy, self-motivated and quick thinking
- Professional office/phone etiquette and presence
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Compelling interpersonal skills with the ability to craft powerful and persuasive messages.
- Dedication and proven ability to succeed within a dynamic organization.
- Business and Financial acumen.
- Expertise with expense management and/ or managing a P&L.
- Business Unit Managers & Sales Managers
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ALPLA
- Competitive base salary, bonus and LTI's offered
- Health and Wellness Care Program
- Dependent Care Cost Savings Program
- Recognition programs; Promotional opportunities
- 401K Retirement Plan and excellent Matching Plan
- Medical, dental, vision plan
- Education assistance program
- Short term, long term and life insurance paid by ALPLA
- Paid vacation; paid holidays
The noise level in the work environment is usually low It is required to always act in a safe and environmentally responsible manner by adhering to all ALPLA policies and procedures and Safety Standards (OSHA).
ALPLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: ALPLA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ALPLA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. ALPLA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.